• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/21/2021 at 6:54 AM, Bonus said:

Now that I've tried it I'm going to recommend it to anyone visiting here. It was a really nice experience ????

Every time I see a beautiful piece of water in Spain, my first thought is, I'm sure there is fish in that water...

Is fishing permitted in these dams? Any idea what's under the clear blue? Perhaps trout...

There is a fishing season along with hunting season and we do see a lot of fisherman all along the rivers and the dams, not sure what they are catching though (apart from a cold) .  I've heard there are a lot of carp and trout and most definitely the odd man sized barbel (there are so many stories of big fish)  I'm sure Bonus will have more info ????

• 2 weeks later...

I think that's about it. Trout in the 2 rivers leading to the dams and some pretty big monsters in the actual dams themselves.....

I'm not a fisherman but a friend is and he regularly catches fish to take home and eat. 

4 hours ago, Bonus said:

I think that's about it. Trout in the 2 rivers leading to the dams and some pretty big monsters in the actual dams themselves.....

I'm not a fisherman but a friend is and he regularly catches fish to take home and eat. 

You get Wels Catfish in most river systems in Spain. They get massive! Fishing that lake must be incredible.

• 2 weeks later...

Summer season is in full swing here and it's great. This really is a fantastic time of the year.

The campsite is keeping me busy until 2.30 seven days a week, then it's home for lunch and a Siesta and then a swim in the local river for an hour around 5pm. Evenings I'm out riding then we have supper around 10pm and in bed at midnight. Restaurants are open now until after midnight and the fiesta mood is here ????

I'm seeing some amazing camper vans at the campsite, this one caught my eye the other day. You could take it way up into the mountains on a rough fire road and camp literally anywhere I think!   

(can someone tell me why some of my photos are loading sideways on the Hub since the upgrade? The pic is fine on my computer . . . )

20210807_130500a.jpg

A South African connection perhaps with the kitted out Landy? The two rooftop tents are Easy Awn tents, made here in SA if I see right.

9 hours ago, DJR said:

A South African connection perhaps with the kitted out Landy? The two rooftop tents are Easy Awn tents, made here in SA if I see right.

The Landy had a Belgium number plate, and Belgium is next door to Holland - so quite possible a South African connection..... ????

I was very impressed with it - you could get up to some amazing places from here.

9 hours ago, DJR said:

edit: If they're still there tomorrow, and if I get 2 mins to spare,  I'll have a chat

Edited by Bonus

• 2 months later...

After a long hot and very busy summer, we're finally getting some time to ourselves and we'll be posting some "non-cycling related" updates on our adventure soon.....

In the meantime, I saw this on a Campervan back in the summer and it reminded me of the conclusion we came to a little while after getting here when things didn't seem to be working out for us quickly enough. It's good advice! 

2021 Cropped_LI.jpg

Edited by Bonus

• 2 weeks later...