ScottCM

22 hours ago, TheoG said:

Cannabis might help you with running better (or maybe not), what it certainly will help for is to develop schizophrenia if you use a lot long term ....

Is that really worth your mental health ... 🤷‍♂️

Smoking cause cancer and people aren’t deterred. 

• Replies 17.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Pieter-za said:

Can't vouch for the accuracy - use at you own risk.  (However is should be OK, it is from Graham Block on the Run Zone FB Page )

I did a quick check and at least it is ending at Kingsmead.  

ultra_marathon-CMSA-COMRADES-2023-2023-05-23_112103.gpx 999.88 kB · 2 downloads

Anybody got the 2023 down route file to load onto garmin watch for peacemaking?

Thanks,

Supposedly it 87.8km thinsuear, that 88.82km, but what's 1 km over that distance 😬

27 minutes ago, McD23 said:

Anybody got the 2023 down route file to load onto garmin watch for peacemaking?

Thanks,

Supposedly it 87.8km thinsuear, that 88.82km, but what's 1 km over that distance 😬

I am not sure how this was measured - if it was measured with a GPS the normal variance can be 1-2%.  

Good luck! 💪

Does anyone know if Comrades is going to be livestreamed via YouTube?

Have to sit at work this morning.

3 hours ago, Lexx said:

Does anyone know if Comrades is going to be livestreamed via YouTube?

Have to sit at work this morning.

Had a look on youtube, unfortunately couldn't find anything😫

I have decided that, as a novice, I will start training for Comrades 2024 from tomorrow. A nice and easy build up towards a qualifier (hopefully a B seeding) in this year and then the serious stuff will start. Aiming for silver but more importantly, finish in a reasonable time - sub 9 - without my ITBs saying hello.

10 minutes ago, tjommies3 said:

I have decided that, as a novice, I will start training for Comrades 2024 from tomorrow. A nice and easy build up towards a qualifier (hopefully a B seeding) in this year and then the serious stuff will start. Aiming for silver but more importantly, finish in a reasonable time - sub 9 - without my ITBs saying hello.

Starts with a step. Really that simple. Make the decision and then do it. 

1 hour ago, McD23 said:

Holy crap..nothing leaves you as broken as a down comrades 🤐

Joh. Last year was not this hard on my body. Think the heat had much to do  with both my quads seizing up today. 

12 hours ago, Fred van Vlaanderen said:

Who else found the cut-off weird? My gut feel is that the last cut-off was too early… I’ve never seen so few people in the last 5min. Felt a little anticlimactic.  

I agree. Was a bit weird, i think because the route was almost 4km shorter it prob made a big difference. Well done to everyone who finished and got a pb. Gerda is a machine, she is now dominating the Comrades like the Russian twins did in the past. Cant see anyone challenging her in the future, except maybe Adele. I was disgusted with Tete and Mothibi's attitude when Piet was asking for a little bit of their sportsdrink and 1 sachet of water. If the race was 100m longer Piet would've showed him the middle finger. They are team mates and that's definitely not in the spirit of the Comrades.