ScottCM

Nike equivalent for the Asics Nimbus is probably the Vomero. I had friend long time ago who switched from Asics to Nike - he said every year Asics get heavier and stiffer....

What about New Balance? Saucony? Brooks? 

Could not find a Nike in my size so after trying an Asics GT2000 and Brooks Ravenna 8 i opted for the Brooks. Also decided to go back to a stability shoe to see if it helps clear up a little heel / Plantar niggle that wont go away.

1st impression is the shoe feels lighter (than my nimbus / kayano combo) and quite stable.

One potential problem my toe knuckles were chaffing a little more than normal.... hammer toes are another curse with my feet...

Learnt something new today...

On the label that shows the shoe size on the inside of the tongue.... the one that says USA 12 EUR 47 some labels also have a CM 30.5

DO YOU KNOW What the CM 30.5 is?

The shoe length...

never knew that  :blush:  :blush: always thought it was some other size like USA 12 and EUR 47

:thumbup:

Edited by SwissVan

• Replies 17.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yip, also figured that out last year. The cm's is the way to fit shoes especially with the ones that differ in sizing, like NB. But then there are also some that does not display the cm's.

Yip, also figured that out last year. The cm's is the way to fit shoes especially with the ones that differ in sizing, like NB. But then there are also some that does not display the cm's.

Its just a guide, yesterday i had a 2 different shoe models both Asics and the same size (12.5) and both said 30cm but the one (GT2000) was clearly shorter with only half a thumb clearance at the front compared to a full thumb for the other one

Just bought two pairs of shoes from the NB factory shop.  I had to take my old shoes and match sole to sole to confirm the sizes.  The shoe width sizes as well as shoe sizes were about half a size different on the box, but the sole size measured back to back were the same.

Also I have noticed there are differences between makes between the Euro/UK and US sizes.  Normally a 12 US is a 11 UK is a 46.5 Euro but this is not always true across brands.  Salomon believes in the 45 4/5 Euro size for instance.

The best is to take the shoe that you have with when buying and also fitting the new shoe to your foot as well.  Mail ordering shoes can end badly......

Just bought two pairs of shoes from the NB factory shop.  I had to take my old shoes and match sole to sole to confirm the sizes.  The shoe width sizes as well as shoe sizes were about half a size different on the box, but the sole size measured back to back were the same.

Also I have noticed there are differences between makes between the Euro/UK and US sizes.  Normally a 12 US is a 11 UK is a 46.5 Euro but this is not always true across brands.  Salomon believes in the 45 4/5 Euro size for instance.

The best is to take the shoe that you have with when buying and also fitting the new shoe to your foot as well.  Mail ordering shoes can end badly......

When I order online I go to a local shop and try before ordering online..... the local Swiss prices are ridiculous compared to the rest of the world and I have no qualms or guilty feelings.

The brooks Ravenna' I bought on Saturday were 189 CHF = 2570 ZAR

I was desperate this time and did not want to wait for online order to arrive

I have the Fenix 3 HR Sapphire. It's a little heavy, but I got used to it pretty quickly. I am however not happy with the HR monitor. It sometimes feels way off, such as showing I am in Z4 when I can still breath easily. The HR monitor also sporadically does not work. Happens around 5% of the time.

For this exact reason i went back to the FR920XT, even though the strap is unpleasant when focusing on it

For this exact reason i went back to the FR920XT, even though the strap is unpleasant when focusing on it

So I guess you wont be running much in the near future with winning the bike in the TdF fantasy league  :whistling:

Well done, congrats and Enjoy!!

So I guess you wont be running much in the near future with winning the bike in the TdF fantasy league  :whistling:

Well done, congrats and Enjoy!!

Ha ha, thanks bud. Seen as i am still battling with this stupid ITb issues i think i will just have to spend some time on the new bike  :clap:  :devil:

Ha ha, thanks bud. Seen as i am still battling with this stupid ITb issues i think i will just have to spend some time on the new bike  :clap:  :devil:

Congratulations!! Why did you select Barguil? Our teams were quite close - except for Barguil and I didn't go with Kettel.

Congratulations!! Why did you select Barguil? Our teams were quite close - except for Barguil and I didn't go with Kettel.

Thanks , had a gut feeling about him after his last two TDF's. He has come to realise he wont be a GC champion especially at Sunweb with Tommy D and Bling there for the sprints so it leaves him with stage wins and KOM's to make a name for himself in France. Still think Thomas De Gent should have got the most combative prize, i did have him too. 

Edited by ScottC-M

Just a heads up that my clubs run (Old Eds Vitality Series #1) is already nearly sold out, the 21km and the 10km... I would imagine that is probably the case for the other events in the series too, so if you don't want to miss out I would suggest entering soon. They reckon they will all be gone before the close of Weds

Oh goodness, just realised that CTM is only 8 weeks away...  :ph34r:

But feeling happy that I am over the illness. Slowly picking up the k's again and should be good for a lekker ramp-up towards then. Hopefully adding some more structure to the training in this period. Ja well, the hopefully was put in there intentionally! 

Those dirty Mozambiquens with their germs broke through my impenetrable immune system. Luckily I caught it in time.

Just a heads up that my clubs run (Old Eds Vitality Series #1) is already nearly sold out, the 21km and the 10km... I would imagine that is probably the case for the other events in the series too, so if you don't want to miss out I would suggest entering soon. They reckon they will all be gone before the close of Weds

Geez, the Vitality effect. Thanks for the heads up.