ScottCM

• Replies 17.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No ways..I finally made the top 10!

Nice 56 km, not to shabby for someone not training for anything specific...or are you? 

Well Done Hacc. Top 10.

First top 10 for me, it was an ok-ish week. Had a terrible run at Jackie Mekler, but at least I ran. 

Weather temperatures not looking great in Jhb this week, I guess I will catch up on my gym sessions for Vitality.

So after running 76km for the whole of April, I can actually do more than 10km at a time and almost cut the top 10 for last week..  :eek:   

This is however going to be one fun (read interesting) Comrades!

Edited by Jackes

Yes for last week... Yes, there are crazies running more than 100km per week...

Yip, this was a low workload week for our big guns... getting serious about their tapers already.

Hopefully when I hit my peak training week in two weeks and everyones on the taper my name too will be up in lights :)

Had a nice Pirates reverse run yesterday - took it pretty sensible and felt pretty good which was nice after my horrible run on Friday. Ran 6km's Friday and my watch told me after to take 37hrs for recovery. Can only assume some after affects from my long run the Sunday before?

Lovely running weather we've got in Joburg today 

Also had a relaxed Pirates run, cold start but soon warmed up once on the hill by Alberts Farm.  My first time running the reverse and think it is slightly tougher than the normal route, mainly because on the normal route, once you are over the top of Northcliff it is pretty much all downhill to the finish.

Enjoyed it though and a good run to work the glutes and quads!!

Also had a relaxed Pirates run, cold start but soon warmed up once on the hill by Alberts Farm.  My first time running the reverse and think it is slightly tougher than the normal route, mainly because on the normal route, once you are over the top of Northcliff it is pretty much all downhill to the finish.

Enjoyed it though and a good run to work the glutes and quads!!

Yeah, usual route easier in my books... first 15km hard, then a nice fast easy finish. This reverse route was pretty challenging all the time with very few free miles.

Good training indeed though

Sorry, I know this has been posted before, but has anyone got the link for the Strava group? 

Sorry, I know this has been posted before, but has anyone got the link for the Strava group? 

I don't have a link, but just search "BikeHUB Cyclist with a "Running" Problem" at Clubs.

So after running 76km for the whole of April, I can actually do more than 10km at a time and almost cut the top 10 for last week..  :eek:   

This is however going to be one fun (read interesting) Comrades!

you'll be grand

Comrades philosophy is to break it up into 10 chunks of Run 9..walk 1