ScottCM

Also in the computer scene, part of my shoulder issues as well... we're not made for this! 

This is the worst part of my problems.  My shoulders and neck are a terrible mess thanks to this.

• Replies 17.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Also in the computer scene, part of my shoulder issues as well... we're not made for this! 

Back to the food/diet topic - in agreement with all of those comments. Eat and be healthy. Starving yourself will hamper all recovery processes. Not saying go bananas with the unhealthy stuff, but even that has a place. And if you want pro opinion on this - David Roche actively promotes ditching the scale and eating pizza!  :D Selective reading works for me! 

I try follow the 80/20 rule. Eat healthy / nutritious 80% of the time. I don't deprive myself of anything though, but I try eat quality food instead. It helps that I love fruit and veg. 

Can't believe there's only 30days left.

Min dae mense

Sadly for the comrades it’s not “40 days min dae” party time

Can't believe there's only 30days left.

I missed 3 months somewhere. 

With our club's Comrades braai coming up I had to draw the names of our members running this year. I love working with data so I did some investigation on the number of members that did not qualify. 26% of our members did not qualify, almost 30%, which to me is a scary number. The most popular qualifier is Kaapse Hoop, with 18% of our runners qualifying at Kaapse Hoop. In the second place, it was Vaal Marathon with 14% and third Irene with 11%. 

We have 11 novices this year and 10 doing their back 2 backs.

Would love to get my hands on all the Comrades data.

I missed 3 months somewhere. 

With our club's Comrades braai coming up I had to draw the names of our members running this year. I love working with data so I did some investigation on the number of members that did not qualify. 26% of our members did not qualify, almost 30%, which to me is a scary number. The most popular qualifier is Kaapse Hoop, with 18% of our runners qualifying at Kaapse Hoop. In the second place, it was Vaal Marathon with 14% and third Irene with 11%. 

We have 11 novices this year and 10 doing their back 2 backs.

Would love to get my hands on all the Comrades data.

Do you follow Mark Dowdeswell on Twitter? He's a running and stats enthusiast. He often comes up with fascinating stats on Comrades, including occasionally uncovering a cheat with impossible negative splits.

https://twitter.com/mrdowdeswell

Wow that is actually scary, strava estimates i'll be finished in under 9 hours

HA HA HA HA  :D  :D  :eek:

yeah right..sub 7..lol

post-7169-0-22633000-1525941173_thumb.jpg

HA HA HA HA  :D  :D  :eek:

yeah right..sub 7..lol

attachicon.gifcomrades.JPG

Please do not insert my details into that algorithm  :blush: 

Probably throw up an error... (insufficient data)

I see the algorithm literally takes your Average pace per km over the last 4 weeks running and Multiplies it by 91kms..

Very scientific... :whistling:

lol - considering the longest run I have done in that period is a 21  :lol:

I see Jim Walsmley listed Comrades as a bucket list race, man I would pay to see this

Looking forward to this year's Western States, insane field