ScottCM

Lexx and Ferret both pushing some 8km sub 4s . Well done guys..a real good indicator of your readiness.

Ferret..3.34/km.... Yowee!

I think yesterday's Comrades sub 7 talk was a great motivator!

Awesome work guys, I have so much respect and envy at the same time. 

• Replies 17.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So what are your training plans for the weekend?

I am running Jackie Mekler 25km tomorrow and a relaxing 15km on Sunday before having a huge lunch with my family for Mother's Day.

Parkrun????

No runnning for me this weekend. Last run will be next week Tuesday. I'm tapering towards my race next week. Last big one for this season, before we start up again Spetember or there about.

Our (me and the wife's) running is currently not going to badly. We are not pushing 32min 8km runs like some of the fast okes on this forum, but are running on average a good 15-20sec/km faster per kilometer than Feb/March wiith more or less the same volume. Our training was really nowhere beginning of the year, mainly due to injuries and a lack of energy. My back strain now also a thing of the past..

I am running Jackie Mekler 25km tomorrow and a relaxing 15km on Sunday before having a huge lunch with my family for Mother's Day.

If the sore throat decides to leave me alone will do a easy race pace 34km tomorrow with the club and then maybe the Pirates reverse 21km on Sunday if the legs are feeling up to it. 

Then its TAPER time!!! :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

If the sore throat decides to leave me alone will do a easy race pace 34km tomorrow with the club and then maybe the Pirates reverse 21km on Sunday if the legs are feeling up to it. 

Then its TAPER time!!! :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

What club do you run with in Cent?

Lexx and Ferret both pushing some 8km sub 4s . Well done guys..a real good indicator of your readiness.

Ferret..3.34/km.... Yowee!

Yeah Well done Lexx, how you followed last nights TT with another speed session this morning I don't know...

Thanks Stretch... first week of May 8km TT is always my Tester... Surprised myself to be honest after not being able to do any Track or speed intervals since the last week of Feb with all the niggles.... Only 7 secs off my 2016 Time on same date and course. So super chuffed with that.

Now to stay healthy and fit for 29 more days...

Yeah Well done Lexx, how you followed last nights TT with another speed session this morning I don't know...

Thanks Stretch... first week of May 8km TT is always my Tester... Surprised myself to be honest after not being able to do any Track or speed intervals since the last week of Feb with all the niggles.... Only 7 secs off my 2016 Time on same date and course. So super chuffed with that.

Now to stay healthy and fit for 29 more days...

I contemplated about skipping it, and just do my hills this afternoon, but felt to guilty. Legs were pretty tired I might add.

You are def on course for one super run again. :thumbup: . These last couple of weeks are the most stressful. 

I learned to sail in a dabbie, what a fab little boat! 

I learnt in cubs as well! Went to own a few boats and catamarans... great times! 

Started out in a Mirror then moved to a Dabchick and eventually a Windsurfer at our school regattas. Out of all of those, I still think the Dabchick was the most fun. A little bit less fun in winter, though.

Resting and rehab. Miiiiiight get a short 10km in on Sunday if the knee is grief free for the rest of this weekend.

Started out in a Mirror then moved to a Dabchick and eventually a Windsurfer at our school regattas. Out of all of those, I still think the Dabchick was the most fun. A little bit less fun in winter, though.

Also sailed an oppie for a few years, loved that thing! 

What club do you run with in Cent?

I'm actually now in Randburg so I run with Randburg Harriers

I did my 5km TT this morning on a route that has about 100m of elevation. Should I move to a flatter route, or stick to this one? It seems that on a flatter route I would stand a better chance of dropping my PB below 20 minutes(currently 21'19") but would I feel a better sense of achievement by having the bumps as motivation?

I probably know the answer but I'm just looking for more views.

I did my 5km TT this morning on a route that has about 100m of elevation. Should I move to a flatter route, or stick to this one? It seems that on a flatter route I would stand a better chance of dropping my PB below 20 minutes(currently 21'19") but would I feel a better sense of achievement by having the bumps as motivation?

I probably know the answer but I'm just looking for more views.

A 5km TT should ideally been done on a track... As flat as possible. If you're doing 21 on 100m elevation then your should be able to knock it to below 20