ScottCM

What club do you run with in Cent?

Finding a proper running club around here is one of the very big frustration of living in Centurion. All the clubs around here are very much focused on races only. We have even on occasions driven all the way to RAC on Sunday mornings to join their club run (another disadvantage of Centurion is that it is relatively flat). I wish for a club that has club runs on Saturdays. But in the mean time it is just me and my wife...

• Replies 17.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A 5km TT should ideally been done on a track... As flat as possible. If you're doing 21 on 100m elevation then your should be able to knock it to below 20

Thanks Stretch

Finding a proper running club around here is one of the very big frustration of living in Centurion. All the clubs around here are very much focused on races only. We have even on occasions driven all the way to RAC on Sunday mornings to join their club run (another disadvantage of Centurion is that it is relatively flat). I wish for a club that has club runs on Saturdays. But in the mean time it is just me and my wife...

Have you been to Irene? I know they are a very big club and I am not sure about their club runs. One of my friends is there and he always raves about them.

Edited by Hacc

Have you been to Irene? I know they are a very big club and I am not sure about their club runs. One of my friends is there and he always raves about them.

There are many clubs in Pretoria/Centurion:

Centurion: 

Alpha Ceturion

Irene

Pretoria Central

Magnolia (Most awesome best club ever ex)

Phobians

Harlequins

Tuks

Tuks Alumini

Green Mile (Very Small club)

Bosch (possibly Cross Country)

Voortrekker Monument

Pretoria Civil Service Clubs

Pretoria Defence

Pretoria Bobbies

Pretoria Correctional Services

Dirco

Pretoria Others

Pretoria East Adventure Club

The bicycle Company

Run/walk for life franchise

Overkruin

We were members of Irene.... But no club runs. TTs actually very poorly supported. I'm considering hooking up with ACRW, which is closer to home for me (although I work right across the road from Irene!).

We were members of Irene.... But no club runs. TTs actually very poorly supported. I'm considering hooking up with ACRW, which is closer to home for me (although I work right across the road from Irene!).

Did I mention that Magnolia is the best club ever.  It is so good that Donald Trump wishes he could join it (It is so good that it has declined his membership new that he is the Pres), 

Magnolia Club house is situated in the leafy suburb of Brooklyn on the foot of Klapperkop (Hills), in the valley opposite the Austin Roberts Bird Park, near Brooklyn Mall and next to Crawdaddies.....

It has a club run every Sunday which accommodates both the slower runner with a 10km distance and the serious ultra runner with distances of 16km (Jan) to 25km (May).  ps Anyone may join in start in winter is 0630 and the nominal fee for snacks and refreshments is R20.

It also hosts a Big C run in April (40km) and is the organising sponsor for the McCarthy Half Marathon.

Club meets on Tuesday's from 5pm.  There is normally a social group doing a short run, and once a month a 7km time trail.

Club tent at most races with discounted refreshments (honour system), and on the distances more than 32km+ this discount is 100%.

I’ve browsed the ASA and CGA websites, but can’t find relevant information on the costs to register a running club.

Does anyone know how much is involved?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am an ACRW member, very happy

PM me if you want more details etc.

Edited by Pieter-za

I’ve browsed the ASA and CGA websites, but can’t find relevant information on the costs to register a running club.

Does anyone know how much is involved?

edit: just read the question properly. and I don’t know the answer.

Edited by amr63

I'm pleased to see there isn't much mention of Club Vitality. As much as the virtual clubs are doing good things for the growth of the sport we mustn't allow the traditional clubs to die. Please support the "real" clubs!

Weekend club runs that I know.

Midrand Striders have sunday club runs (building blocks Harry galaun) , non members pay R10

And

Kyalami running club have saterday club runs (beaulieu bird park) not sure if there is a cost for non members

1d8805e58414e3c04df2d8208f784d31.jpg

The leader board needs to be posted a bit later :) Edited by b-rad

I don’t see your run yet , post it when it’s loaded.

Edited by Jaws677