ScottCM

Are you in a rush... else Nice Camelbak running packs do pop up on OneDayOnly quite often.

Dave is 110% right as well, buy a running specific pack - even a slogger like me notices a big difference between the two packs I have, one running specific, the other more a hiking pack.

It's night and day...

No rush. Doing a 38km trail in nov and then planning on a 60 - 100km next year if all goes well. 

• Replies 18k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Go look here:

www.aonijie.com

great value for money and very comfortable to wear.

Seen these at a few expos, they look good... and the pricing looks good value.

I've never used one though... you got one Candz?

http://www.aonijie.com.cn/en/index

This is the full site.  

I have one, very light and comfy, carries a 2litre bladder, 1 water bottle pouch and a zipped secure phone/money pouch.  My husband has the camelback which is much heavier and he was skeptical because of the price but changed his views after we ran at Zingela. Didnt chafe or shift around.  I paid R400 at the OMTOM Expo and R30 for one of their soft bottles.

Helps that the colours are nice as well  :thumbup:

I am very happy with my Salomon ADV skinset 12 (previous version not the current model). It is very comfortable and the stretchy pockets can take a large amount of stuff for any race distance, whilst still being comfortable when it is empty (i.e. does not bounce around). Bought it from Amazon in the UK for much cheaper than the local prices.

Also use the 12l Salomon one. Works perfectly. Had a Camelbak before that - and do yourself a favour... the Camelbak was not a running vest, just buy one of those and be done with it. A "normal" running pack just bounces and it's just a whole different ballgame. 

A friend of mine and his wife runs with the Aonijie. Wide variety of sizes, super designs, comfortable. Pockets on the right places and does not bounce even if you run it empty. He's used his for quite a number of months now through varying runs and really likes it. So much so that he uses that 10l one instead of his 12l Salomon... 

Anyone else here who has uses Camelbak's Quick Stow flasks? Got a pair together with a Nano vest and the flasks leaks between the cap and thread if you apply a little pressure to the flask. Disappointed with the seals (or lack thereof). 

A running specific pack is the only way. Ultimate Direction make amazing products and the new Salomon 12skin looks like a fantastic piece of kit. A few of the guys had them at the MacMac this weekend.

Solid run Jewbacca, looks like everyone enjoyed that race hey. Solid result as well.

Thanks Dave. Red Ants put together a pretty impressive overall showing!

How are you feeling? On the mend?

Ya the Red Ants were running well hey, proud of their efforts. The team is looking stronger and stronger.

It makes me dead inside to know that had I not been sick last weekend we really should have won. Even still it was still in reach I should have just suffered better.

I am off the corticosteroids and antibiotics now, resting heartrate is coming down slowly as well. Will take this week off still and reassess next Monday. But for now it is nice not to be out of breath just walking to the bathroom for a pee in the night. #smallvictories 

A running specific pack is the only way. Ultimate Direction make amazing products and the new Salomon 12skin looks like a fantastic piece of kit. A few of the guys had them at the MacMac this weekend.

Thanks Dave. Red Ants put together a pretty impressive overall showing!

How are you feeling? On the mend?

I have the new Adv 12 Skin. Its light and much much better than my old Camelback one. It fits tight against your body, so you don't even feel it when you running.

We got a last minute substitution for Oxpecker this past weekend, weve done 4 of the 5 and every year its just got bigger and bigger...cant believe how popular this 2 day trail run is!

Not so sure I enjoy the numbers tho..queying for food and coffee etc is not my idea of fun, but they have built extra showers so there was always hot water which was incredible considering the 980 odd peeps.

Seen these at a few expos, they look good... and the pricing looks good value.

I've never used one though... you got one Candz?

I have the Aonijie Withwind 5L. I purchased two at the same time - the green 2018 version and the older model red one. Purchased both on Aliexpress at the same time and they came with the two soft flasks and 2l bladder.

Very decent hydration pack for the price. Very comfortable and fits all that's needed for a longish run. The only issue is the clips/strap across the chest on the green model that tend to loosen up a bit while running, but not a train smash. The flow out of the mouthpiece on the bladder is also a bit less than a Camelback bladder.

If you aren't in a rush it's worth a shot buying on Aliexpress. Generally the shipping takes ages but if you don't receive an item you can get your money back.

I recently purchased a Salomon S-Lab Sense Ultra 5 running vest for a great price in the U.K. Can fit two flasks and a few other pockets for other odds and ends. Fantastic piece of kit. Not sure if I would buy one at their normal selling price though.

I've got the UD scott jurek ultra vest. Super comfortable and more room than you think to store all the compulsory equipment.