ScottCM

bliksim , respect to you guys who do this , that is  f^@#$%^ far to run 

It is all relative, to a 5km max runner a marathon is a ridiculous distance. I happen to move in circles where there are individuals referring to 100 milers as shorter races :ph34r:

100 miles is k**** far still but honestly it is worth a crack, if you never try you never know....

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It is all relative, to a 5km max runner a marathon is a ridiculous distance. I happen to move in circles where there are individuals referring to 100 milers as shorter races :ph34r:

100 miles is k**** far still but honestly it is worth a crack, if you never try you never know....

more than anything i will need to get my head right first to grasp the training millage, one day when im big or mature or nuts ...

never the less its a huge achievement to anyone 

i got a mate doing the Karkloof 100 miler this weekend ,

anyone here know or doing it ?

I'm a pacer this weekend. I just had to go buy trail shoes, so it could be interesting. 

I see the weather is predicted to be super hot and dry, early berg wind vibe.

I'm a pacer this weekend. I just had to go buy trail shoes, so it could be interesting. 

nice one , well good luck looking after your runner.

kind of cool being part of a team to get a person through .

Berg Winds... 

Comrades 2013 flashback

Sends shivers down my spine 

Good luck

Pacers... So 80's! 

Enjoy karkloof guys... I think I will have to take a turn there next year. Seriously considering the AMOK challenge and the sub 24 hour Karkloof buckle looks steamy beans!!!

I have FOMO

Though break bud. If i remember correctly, you have done it before though hey?

Not yet. I've done Chicago and Berlin. New York coming up in November.

My fomo nearly got the most of my last night, I was nearly phoning organizers for an entry haha. 

Enjoy the run, enjoy pacing, you should have asked. You can get away with road shoes for all but one section really and even that you will be ok at the pace of the return leg..

bliksim , respect to you guys who do this , that is  f^@#$%^ far to run 

Agreed.

A half marathon is my ultra distance, a 10Km my preferred distance and a 5Km is my sprint event, if one can call my pace a sprint. One day, I'll do the Tough One, just to say I've done the double, and that will be "my 100-miler".

Agreed.

A half marathon is my ultra distance, a 10Km my preferred distance and a 5Km is my sprint event, if one can call my pace a sprint. One day, I'll do the Tough One, just to say I've done the double, and that will be "my 100-miler".

5km seemed "ultra" six months ago before I started running with the C25K program. And during C25K the 10km seemed long.

Now Sundays are 25km and nothing seems out of reach, except those 100milers. Respect!

Berg Winds... 

Comrades 2013 flashback

Sends shivers down my spine 

Good luck

Lucky I wasn't a runner yet

My fomo nearly got the most of my last night, I was nearly phoning organizers for an entry haha. 

Enjoy the run, enjoy pacing, you should have asked. You can get away with road shoes for all but one section really and even that you will be ok at the pace of the return leg..

Got the road version of a trial shoe. Peg 36 Trail, closest to what i run road on, and I'm not going to become a trail bum anytime soon. 

I'll look super stylish while fishing though.