ScottCM

• Replies 17.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

FFS.  WTF.  That was nothing like I had in mind.  I realized when we went up the bloody steps to get to the trail that there was no way I was going under 2hrs.  So that plan rapidly went out the window.

And then had a sense of humour failure when at about 17km we hit the road and you could hear the announcer I thought yes please, 2:10 is doable.  So I upped the pace, only to have the 22km route split off again up the damn mountain for about the 10th time.  Big mistake!

Eventually hobbled in at 2:20.  My fitness was fine, but there was no way I was going to be able to run up and down the rocks like the real Trail runners.  And my quads and calves are hammered.

Was a spectacular route though, and the scenery was brilliant!

Well done Bud ,

this was my first real trail run and went in with no expectation except that i was going to climb ALLOT, i kept myself within my limits the whole run and the irony was that the climbing was not my problem but the descending destroyed me, managed 2:18 in the end. 

i loved the trail running and will do more but need to work on going down , i had guys passing me like i was standing still .

found it very humbling and gained a massive amount of respect for these fast guys .

well done to all who did the trail and marathon 

I survived and have qualified for 2 Oceans ultra...i ran a nice 4.56 and stayed with the 5 hour bus cos I didnt know how I would feel and just took confidence from Craig the bus driver, he was great, chatted and showed us all the interesting stuff, also nice in a bus with novice runners.  I got to 38km and got a tired and it was the ugly part of town but once I hit Strand road I was happy again.  Yoh, I dont like flat runs, there is no time to "free wheel", rather give me a hill.  

I know that next year I will go for my 4:30.  

Did a little walk this morning and legs are all good. So im super chuffed with myself!

Well done everyone.

I ran a solid 26km(5'02") before I slowed down and eventually walked at the 30km mark. I then alternated between running and walking but finished the way I started. The niggles started from around 3km and I just pushed through it. Slight ITB, mostly, hip flexors and calves, and a little lower back. Humidity was unusually high for me too. I'm disappointed but I'm gonna work on those things. Finished with 4:24 :-(

well done to all at CT marathon, everywhere I am hearing stories all over of either amazing day or it all fell apart. Happens to us all at some stage, falling apart is a part of running that makes you better and stronger. Motivates you further to train harder. got to roll with the punch and come back swinging next time hey...

In other news, I see Munga trail was cancelled....

well done to all at CT marathon, everywhere I am hearing stories all over of either amazing day or it all fell apart. Happens to us all at some stage, falling apart is a part of running that makes you better and stronger. Motivates you further to train harder. got to roll with the punch and come back swinging next time hey...

In other news, I see Munga trail was cancelled....

Now what will I do, sigh...

On that, I see Bennie Roux is off to run Moab240 next month. Time to play with the big dogs...

I enjoyed the CTM trail - great route. It was more technical than I expected - but I like technical. The scenery was nice too, except I had to concentrate on the path!

Edited by Christie

Woohoo boston entry confirmed.. Major bucket list!

Well done! How far below standard were you?

I submitted my details on Monday but with just over 1min below standard I'm not expecting any news.

I submitted my details on Monday but with just over 1min below standard I'm not expecting any news.

Aaaaaarrrrggghhhh

Aaaaaarrrrggghhhh

Exactly. With the previous standard (2019 Boston) I was over 4 minutes under but they then reduced the standard required by 3 minutes for 2020.

Exactly. With the previous standard (2019 Boston) I was over 4 minutes under but they then reduced the standard required by 3 minutes for 2020.

Though break bud. If i remember correctly, you have done it before though hey?

Well done. Let's stay positive.

first KK100 I am not racing, half sad but also not really, had the itch 2 weeks ago to enter but managed to fight off the urge...

bliksim , respect to you guys who do this , that is  f^@#$%^ far to run