Scammer List

Guy@BMT Stellenbosch

• Replies 607
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

@ Admins:

Can't you guys record scammers IP Address so as to pick up those that merely change alias and e-mail address?

Apologies if this has already been mentioned.....

Hi is martinjac2020@yahoo.com a scammer?

Nevermind I realize martinjac2020 has featured many times on this list as a scammer. I thought it sounded familiar????

• 3 weeks later...

I got called by a chap called ‘Henk from Roodepoort’ yesterday, claiming to have a part that I was looking for in a wanted ad. Sounded legit, but of course all the details about the product were in my wanted ad.

He insisted that I ewallet the cash to him as he was on his way to the shops and would send it via postnet.

I missed a scam alert off the site and made the transfer. R600 to +27 62 044 3792. No word since.

I was a bit silly, but don’t want it to happen to anyone else.

His profile on the hub was Pierre Muller.

I got called by a chap called ‘Henk from Roodepoort’ yesterday, claiming to have a part that I was looking for in a wanted ad. Sounded legit, but of course all the details about the product were in my wanted ad.

He insisted that I ewallet the cash to him as he was on his way to the shops and would send it via postnet.

I missed a scam alert off the site and made the transfer. R600 to +27 62 044 3792. No word since.

Sorry to hear you got caught by this guy. If you haven't already please report this to FNB.

Scammers frequently use eWallet and similar "send to mobile" services from other banks. Although the services themselves are useful, it makes life very easy for scammers to get money without the need for a bank account. 

• 4 weeks later...

Some good news, scammer Dee Barry was caught by the Hawkes. One less to worry about.

Nice, where did you see that news?

Nice, where did you see that news?

He was really active on some of the hunting groups on facebook. They all posted it. Look like he tried his luck in all industries.

post-5177-0-22479200-1603132574_thumb.png

Edited by Breezer

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry to hear you got caught by this guy. If you haven't already please report this to FNB.

Scammers frequently use eWallet and similar "send to mobile" services from other banks. Although the services themselves are useful, it makes life very easy for scammers to get money without the need for a bank account. 

A little late but just some info regarding ewallet and FNB, you have 16hrs to reverse a ewallet transaction from FNB.

A little late but just some info regarding ewallet and FNB, you have 16hrs to reverse a ewallet transaction from FNB.

That's only if it hasn't been withdrawn yet?