Scammer List

Guy@BMT Stellenbosch

Watch out for Steff Pretorius. Paid him for goods and never sent it. Foned him and doesnt answer. Whatssapp him and says he will fone but never does. His number is 0782204435. Afrikaans spoken. He said his from freestate but cant prove. Anyway somebody knows how to track a number. Thank you

• Replies 607
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Watch out for Steff Pretorius. Paid him for goods and never sent it. Foned him and doesnt answer. Whatssapp him and says he will fone but never does. His number is 0782204435. Afrikaans spoken. He said his from freestate but cant prove. Anyway somebody knows how to track a number. Thank you

Hi Xandre,

I'm really sorry to hear about this.

Did the scammer respond to your wanted advert? That's one of his preferred tricks.

We removed his account with the phone number you're reporting after Donovan report his Transbaviaans scam but just in case he's using another one, at what time did he first contact you?

I'd also recommend removing your phone number in the advert description. That way scammers can get your contact details without having to register on Bike Hub.

Some more contact details to avoid:

HenkSa

henkopperman.fnb@gmail.com

jvezait@gmail.com

Got caugh as well this week. Monday evening (17 Feb 2020).

Claiming to be Steff at 078 2204 435, selling Trans Baviaans entries.

Sends copy of ID but I suspect it is false.

After payment he just disapears.

Got caugh as well this week. Monday evening (17 Feb 2020).

Claiming to be Steff at 078 2204 435, selling Trans Baviaans entries.

Sends copy of ID but I suspect it is false.

After payment he just disapears.

He was selling a trans baviaans entry to. I lost a deposit to him

How did you guys pay for the "goods"?

• 3 weeks later...

Kudo to Bikehub Admin.

I placed an ad in the classifieds, received a PM from a "Allen Scott" asking to contact him via email and not too long after his PM I received a PM from admin informing me of suspicious activity from said user.

I must say Admin saved the scammer loads of effort because I was going to play along, send him to a fake location and then say I'm on the same rig that he is on offshore so we can meet in the canteen if he has an issue with where I sent the driver.

Anyway, well done Admin.

Be carefull, the scammer is now using my name and ID to sell goods to unsuspecting people.

Vaughan Townsend

Sorry for your misfortune, but how did he get hold of your ID?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...