Scammer List

Guy@BMT Stellenbosch

@ADMIN, I reported an ad I find suspicious. How do I follow up on it?

Don't want to falsely accuse anybody but when an add looks to good to be true, I report it and yet it remains visible. Just want to make sure if it is dodgy, that no one gets caught...... 

• Replies 607
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

@ADMIN, I reported an ad I find suspicious. How do I follow up on it?

Don't want to falsely accuse anybody but when an add looks to good to be true, I report it and yet it remains visible. Just want to make sure if it is dodgy, that no one gets caught...... 

Hi. When did you report it? I can't find any record of you reporting anything in the Classifieds on this username. Only a few forum reports from April.

EDIT: Ok, sorry. I found it. The ticket had already been closed.

UPDATE: On checking the report at the time it came in, we had no reason based on the information available to us to suspect that the seller was fraudulent.

I can't disclose private information but if you're interested, drop them a message and I'm sure they'll put your mind at rest.

Hi. When did you report it? I can't find any record of you reporting anything in the Classifieds on this username. Only a few forum reports from April.

EDIT: Ok, sorry. I found it. The ticket had already been closed.

UPDATE: On checking the report at the time it came in, we had no reason based on the information available to us to suspect that the seller was fraudulent.

I can't disclose private information but if you're interested, drop them a message and I'm sure they'll put your mind at rest.

No problem, thanks for the feedback. Always wary of reporting but I would rather err on the side of caution.

Glad it is legit, for whoever picks up a steal......

No problem, thanks for the feedback. Always wary of reporting but I would rather err on the side of caution.

Glad it is legit, for whoever picks up a steal......

Interesting choise of words .... :)

Interesting choise of words .... :)

If I was a bit more daring I would jump on it but I am still wary.

If it's too good to be true........

PM if you are curious about the ad this whole conversation is based off of........

• 2 weeks later...

Scammer responded to a wanted add I placed yesterday morning, almost caught us, but the red flags started flying high when he was phoning every 5 minutes asking for a payment, at first we were going to get the bike shipped to us, but when the flags started flying we said we will collect it with cash in hand and he went off his rocker that E wallet is an easy way to do business and we are just wasting his time....

Guys name is Lionel, supposedly, number used is +27 62 322 7532

• 3 weeks later...

Be aware of Alex Strydom from Tzaneen

He sell helmet that is in perfect condition on the hub. When you get it is in worst condition. Has been in accident.

He do not answer his phone. He raced for Hi Q in Tzaneen

Scammer named Kyle from Plett. He offered to sell me a bike rack. When I told him I wasn’t going to make payment before and wouldn’t fall for his scam he threatened to send someone to my house and harm my family and kids! Voice messages were sent that insight violence and have reported him to SAPs. Beware

Scammer named Kyle from Plett. He offered to sell me a bike rack. When I told him I wasn’t going to make payment before and wouldn’t fall for his scam he threatened to send someone to my house and harm my family and kids! Voice messages were sent that insight violence and have reported him to SAPs. Beware

Suspect this is the same guy: https://community.bikehub.co.za/topic/187633-new-fox-sc-fork-for-sale-r10k-worth-r22k/

Edited by Dogfish

Wanted ads are a target for this guy. It's easy to pretend to have the product and do your research.

We'll take a look into it.

Wanted ads are a target for this guy. It's easy to pretend to have the product and do your research.

We'll take a look into it.

They have been targeting wanted ads at virtually every forum and Facebook marketplace classifieds group I'm on.

Lots of people have been hit some for some pretty significant amounts. I've been tried about 4 or 5 times over the last year, all responding to a wanted ad I'd posted.

So I know this isn't bikehub related but I am sure someone will fall for this. It popped up in my gmail spam folder.

Funny thing is, due to my employer and the circumstances, I am owed money from the government, Only problem is it isn't anywhere near that amount.

post-58906-0-47446200-1607926546_thumb.png

So I know this isn't bikehub related but I am sure someone will fall for this. It popped up in my gmail spam folder.

Funny thing is, due to my employer and the circumstances, I am owed money from the government, Only problem is it isn't anywhere near that amount.

attachicon.gifCapture.PNG

also got that mail

shift delete