Puffy encounter

gerhardsnorbaard

http://www.theguardian.com/world/picture/2015/dec/04/giant-lizard-gives-australian-man-a-fright-then-a-photo-op

MONITORING THE PERIMETER: A mature Lace Goanna was spotted on a residential property in Thurgoona, NSW earlier this week. Picture: ERIC HOLLAND

Lace Monitors can grow up to 2m in length and weighing about 20kg.

That's just a mahoosive NOPE from me... Africa ain't sooooo bad.....

• Replies 706
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I must say... Hats off to the Aussies for living among some of the worlds dangerous and poisonous snakes and spiders in the world.

And it seems man eating dinosaurs[emoji102]

Picture or it never happened?

You have to be pretty dumb or brave not sure which to turn around and walk back up and close enough to a puffy to get a good pic. 

Saw a boomslang crossing the road on table mountain road today. It startled when it saw us, and made its way into the bush within splitseconds. All in all an awesome experience

Saw a boomslang crossing the road on table mountain road today. It startled when it saw us, and made its way into the bush within splitseconds. All in all an awesome experience

We tend to ignore the fact that they are quite plentiful in the Western Cape because we don't see them nearly as often as the Cobras and the Puffies, but they are here.

I told friends who claimed to have spotted a Boomslang at our place in the Karoo, that they were very much mistaken and that it must have been something else......then they showed me the photograph they took and it was the mother of all Boomslang, where you would least expect it. Luckily they are very unlikely to bite you and quite docile as long as you don't handle them.

Luckily they are very unlikely to bite you and quite docile as long as you don't handle them.

not much chance of that **** happening! lol

• 5 months later...

My puffy encounter at True Grit Bike Park, Somerset West. The thing was lying right over the riding line, but luckily there was a bit of space on the right. Managed to swerve and miss the tail by probably less that 5cm.

Luckily it was not lying over the entire trail, as it was on a very steep and very loose descent, so I was taking it easy down. Wouldn't have had a chance to bunny hop it.

Adrenaline was pumping so much after that, the rest of the trail was a breeze.

post-62386-0-73521800-1463385733_thumb.jpg

post-62386-0-59473300-1463385750_thumb.jpg

My puffy encounter at True Grit Bike Park, Somerset West. The thing was lying right over the riding line, but luckily there was a bit of space on the right. Managed to swerve and miss the tail by probably less that 5cm.

Luckily it was not lying over the entire trail, as it was on a very steep and very loose descent, so I was taking it easy down. Wouldn't have had a chance to bunny hop it.

Adrenaline was pumping so much after that, the rest of the trail was a breeze.

My bum would have swallowed my saddle in a situation like that  :eek:

On one of our regular nightrides,  we were going through a dip on a tar road, and I thought the cable thieves had left the cable housing lying in the road... about 2 meters before I got there, the housing moved. The guys behind me reckon I cleared it with a bunny hop, by 75cm. I believed them, as my front fork hit its full travel.

A small piddle was evident in my lycra... One gent still thought it was cable housing, so we went back, and the housing had moved along... Not clued up on snakes at all, so avoid all of them.

This oke was spotted 3 weeks back, off a trail we use, in my neck of the woods. Please identify.

post-37969-0-96907900-1463389521_thumb.jpg

On one of our regular nightrides,  we were going through a dip on a tar road, and I thought the cable thieves had left the cable housing lying in the road... about 2 meters before I got there, the housing moved. The guys behind me reckon I cleared it with a bunny hop, by 75cm. I believed them, as my front fork hit its full travel.

A small piddle was evident in my lycra... One gent still thought it was cable housing, so we went back, and the housing had moved along... Not clued up on snakes at all, so avoid all of them.

This oke was spotted 3 weeks back, off a trail we use, in my neck of the woods. Please identify.

attachicon.gifSnake.JPG

:eek:

Looks like a Rinkhals

attachicon.gifSnake.JPG

rinkhals.....(spitting cobra). very dangerous indeed.