Discovery Health - Vitality & Team Vitality plus everything else you need to know

Strangest one for me - I can do 30min for 300, or 90 min for 600 ... Discovery is motivating me away from longer workouts, to 30 minute ones - because the gap from 30-90 is huge, and earning points is far more effective at 30 anyway

That's one thing I don't get - why not step it more with the time durations?

30-45 = 100

46-60 = 200

61-75 = 300

76-90 = 450

91-120 = 600

121-150 = 750

151-180 = 900

180+ = 1200

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

it's on their website's landing page, but I got the first info here. LOL.

It's sad that when looking for updates for Vitality Active Rewards etc, I come here. You guys collectively have a lot more contact with the call centre and have more problems than I deal with atm. I also use this as a resource to find potential glitches!

Where exactly? I can't find it on webpage

I'll have to kiss 3000 points in one go goodbye.

There's no ways that I'll manage a 3.5hr+ ride at 80% of max and I don't do any those events.

Seems they pushing events though.

A 50 -99km cycling event at any intensity = 600 points

Alternatively, 1.5hr+ ride at 80% of max.

The people that went for the watch based on the current point system might be a bit screwed.

I don't see a problem, until I become ill or have a serious crash. In that case, I have bigger problems to be concerned with.

Tuesday & Thursday @ moderate + 1 weekend ride 90 mins @ vigerous = 1200.

I still have the other days to make up for any "lazy" days.

Luckily the girly-coloured watch, is on my profile and not the wife's.

it is still achievable , especially for cyclists. However , to sucker people in at such an easy target and then more than double the effective workout time needed to achieve a certain points target is outrageous . The whole reason I chose to get onboard was because there stipulated agreement was achievable. You have to look at it from a 12 month cycle , with winter, illness, and holidays too. People are bound to be sick for a few days but could still earn there points. Now if you fall sick , you are pretty screwed and will be paying .

Where exactly? I can't find it on webpage

http://i.imgur.com/YfFp9LU.png

However, only before you log in...

Let's put this into perspective. The new points system combined with the watch was always going to change once the real data started coming in. Their metrics have already increased HUGELY wrt how active people are once utilising the system and watch, and in order to keep it relevant, they need to adjust to ensure that people remain incentivised to do MORE. 

More activity = less health risk = lower cost = better premiums etc etc. 

Given that they're not increasing the soft cap of 1,200 points per week, the metrics wrt activities and the points they qualify for was always going to change. 

I think they also had a look at just how many people were doing 2h plus activities just once, meeting the target, and then relaxing - that doesn't fit in with their idea of "increased activity". Now, instead of doing just one thing per week for 1,500 or 3,000 points, you need to do 2 of the same quality. A small change. A carrot, if you will... 

I think it's fair.

Progressively improving one's fitness/health vs. making it hard to achieve from the outset.

I think it's fair.

Progressively improving one's fitness/health vs. making it hard to achieve from the outset.

I don't think anybody disagrees with that, but surely a 100K ride should not give you the same amount of points as 30 minutes high intensity.

Can we not have one thread per topic?

Mods, can this one be merged with the main  Discovery Health - Vitality thread?

I second

Can we not have one thread per topic?

Mods, can this one be merged with the main  Discovery Health - Vitality thread?

I've already asked Matt & Terry

And now Spinnekop

Edited by Myles Mayhew

I don't think anybody disagrees with that, but surely a 100K ride should not give you the same amount of points as 30 minutes high intensity.

I'm sure this might change again in future, as they get more data to work on and get feedback from clients and brokers.