Discovery Health - Vitality & Team Vitality plus everything else you need to know

For which races have you been refunded?

Not sure it doesn't say anything but Team Vitality cashback. It does take some time to go into your account. I haven't done any events this year yet other than xterra but it will look something like this on your statement.

post-32189-0-64950700-1457529227_thumb.jpg

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I called Discovery this morning because i have not received my cashback, they advised me that they are currently experiencing an interface issue and are aware that cash backs aren't being paid. The guys are already working on it.

I called Discovery this morning because i have not received my cashback, they advised me that they are currently experiencing an interface issue and are aware that cash backs aren't being paid. The guys are already working on it.

As far as I know they only pay once a quarter or am I wrong?

Have done two events but have been waiting for April for the pay out

As per their FAQ section you get paid out at the end of your billing cycle

Is your billing cycle not monthly? ie. In Feb you should get paid for the Jan races (if at least 2 weeks has passed since the race).

did you use strava during the event :P

My rewards requirement was at 1200 the moment I signed up. I signed up because I was under the impression that me reaching my target would enable me to donate Teddy Bears to under privileged children. It's a long story, don't ask. Any way I hit my target easily in a day but have no need or interest in any of the rewards. Still I check and am always pleased when I hit the target. Watching the unclaimed smoothies accumulate and then expire. More fun than Facebook but not by much.

I saw a clip somewhere about a Starbucks or the like, having a system where customers donated coffees etc to less fortunate types - kind of paying it forward.

What about us doing the same with all these unclaimed smoothies and coffees?

I saw a clip somewhere about a Starbucks or the like, having a system where customers donated coffees etc to less fortunate types - kind of paying it forward.

What about us doing the same with all these unclaimed smoothies and coffees?

You can save the voucher and send it to someone who can use it.

I just want to know when have the criteria to earn points changed, previously I got 600 for an hour's workout at 60% of your age related max now it is 70%, they keep on moving the goal post.

I just want to know when have the criteria to earn points changed, previously I got 600 for an hour's workout at 60% of your age related max now it is 70%, they keep on moving the goal post.

It is changing on the 2nd of April - and covered extensively in this thread.

No, it was always 70% plus for 600 points for an exercise between an hour and 90 minutes. 

It's now moving to 80% plus. 

In your example, you'd have received 300 points previously. Going forwards (from 2nd April) you'll get 100. 

For those using a wattbike,here is a link and explanation on how to log your workout on garmin connect,and still earn those points,because a wattbike is not yet recognized/supported by vitality. http://randolphburt.co.uk/2015/01/13/how-to-transfer-your-wattbike-workout-to-garmin-connect-strava/ . In essence,only a usb stick is needed, and some file converting. Not very difficult to do,and not very time consuming,maybe 5-10mins.

Strange thing: all my previous workouts have been in the 20-59 timeframe (300 points)

This morning, I've got a 30-44min moderate workout (100 points)

If they truly want to get this right they need more time brackets and more HR zones. For shorter exercises(less than 1 hr) I am happy that they have moderate and vigourous zones as that is achievable. For anything longer they should add 1 or 2 more zones so that you are rewarded for base training as well. A 3-4 hour base session shouldn't reward you with 3000 points, but it shouldn't be zero either.

By the looks of it they might be experimenting with something at the moment behind the scenes

Edited by Rudi Pollard