Discovery Health - Vitality & Team Vitality plus everything else you need to know

I am trying to arrange a new set of rims... Donations welcome :P

I will donate a smoothie or 2, and you can sell them on to make some cash

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry I've been sick and just recovering  :whistling:

No stress. Would you like me to deliver some castor oil ?

I will donate a smoothie or 2, and you can sell them on to make some cash

I can send some too :)

Brings new meaning to I'll buy you a coffee, you just send a QR code. Fighting with disco this morning for paying R34 on a R850 dermatology invoice :(

I am trying to arrange a new set of rims... Donations welcome :P

We can use Pure Savage's idea and I can supply some workouts which you can sell and soon you'll have some new rims.

You can sell the whole package to the customer, Medical Aid, Life Policies, Workouts, Apple Watch

:whistling:  :whistling:  :whistling:  :whistling:

We can use Pure Savage's idea and I can supply some workouts which you can sell and soon you'll have some new rims.

You can sell the whole package to the customer, Medical Aid, Life Policies, Workouts, Apple Watch

:whistling:  :whistling:  :whistling:  :whistling:

Don't forget the smoothies......

anyone know how to load a tcx file into Vitality.

Garmin Connect accepts a .tcx upload

Wonder what the going rate for a 90+min ride at 158bpm will start getting soon, in tcx format.

There is little point exporting a tcx file to import into GC unless it was recorded on a Garmin device. TrainerRoad or TTS4 files don't get recognised by Disco even if they are GC as the device type is missing.

But if you want to you have to load it through manual upload in GC.

post-35786-0-39427300-1463563605_thumb.jpg

post-35786-0-49404400-1463563611_thumb.jpg

post-35786-0-08179000-1463563652_thumb.jpg

The fact that it syncs to Strava from GC is irrelevant to Disco.  This must have been covered 3,000 times in this thread already.

Workout loaded from Edge500, points allocated:

post-35786-0-51614800-1463562882_thumb.jpg

The device serial number is transferred in the tcx file.

Workout loaded from Polar device in GC, no points allocated:

post-35786-0-56315700-1463562944_thumb.jpg

Workout loaded from TTS4 tcx export in GC, no points allocated:

post-35786-0-14609800-1463563162_thumb.jpg

afaik strava will pick it up as a duplicate and not upload it

If Strava links to 2 different devices both will reflect in Strava, despite being duplicates. So if you record a ride on a Garmin and then upload the tcx separately, duplicates will appear. When I was testing different devices over Christmas I would go on a solo group ride with 3 of myself.

Hi Carbon

Thanks, nice to know about Strava being clever enough.

I always have the option to pair by HR strap with my Garmin also and the Stages PW with the Garmin, generate a fit file via the Garmin and get ti that way to Disco, it's just so much duplication to tickle their fancy/trust/being difficult.

G

There is little point exporting a tcx file to import into GC unless it was recorded on a Garmin device. TrainerRoad or TTS4 files don't get recognised by Disco even if they are GC as the device type is missing.

But if you want to you have to load it through manual upload in GC.

attachicon.gifPS0682.jpg

attachicon.gifPS0683.jpg

attachicon.gifPS0684.jpg

The fact that it syncs to Strava from GC is irrelevant to Disco.  This must have been covered 3,000 times in this thread already.

Workout loaded from Edge500, points allocated:

attachicon.gifPS0679.jpg

The device serial number is transferred in the tcx file.

Workout loaded from Polar device in GC, no points allocated:

attachicon.gifPS0680.jpg

Workout loaded from TTS4 tcx export in GC, no points allocated:

attachicon.gifPS0681.jpg

If Strava links to 2 different devices both will reflect in Strava, despite being duplicates. So if you record a ride on a Garmin and then upload the tcx separately, duplicates will appear. When I was testing different devices over Christmas I would go on a solo group ride with 3 of myself.

Edited by awesme

Hi Carbon

Thanks, nice to know about Strava being clever enough.

I always have the option to pair by HR strap with my Garmin also and the Stages PW with the Garmin, generate a fit file via the Garmin and get ti that way to Disco, it's just so much duplication to tickle their fancy/trust/being difficult.

G

Unfortunately it's the only way. Unless TR can export a HRM file like TTS4 does and you have a polar account. Easier just to switch the Garmin on though.

Anyone brave enough to admit not making their weekly goal yet?  :devil:  :devil:  :ph34r:  :whistling:  

I missed two weeks through sickness in Jan, and just about the whole of April as it wasn't picking up the heart rate data on the Apple watch - 100points for a 21km run on three separate occasions can get a bit frustrating - but it somehow seems to have come right and started reading the heart rate data... I've hit my targets the last two weeks despite being relatively lazy. Must have been my bitching on email to Discovery  :ph34r:

Saw a few pictures on FB over the weekend where the Apple Watch picks up HR from an apple (ironic I know) and some Vaseline.

Anyone brave enough to admit not making their weekly goal yet?  :devil:  :devil:  :ph34r:  :whistling:  

me. Twice. Once thanks to stopping the watch at 30:05 and then it recalculated to 29:50 for some odd reason, other time was sheer laziness.