Discovery Health - Vitality & Team Vitality plus everything else you need to know

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Things must have been getting out of hand on the Discovery Facebook page if they had to post this:

https://www.facebook.com/notes/discovery-health-sa/house-rules/833584636774796

As I have been saying for ages, cock ups in implementation happen, and even a cyclops could have seen in 3-D what a stupid scale and/or implementation they used. But that happens. It's the appalling lack of or inability to respond to it that causes all the anger, whether through their call centres or their brokens. Edited by Thor Buttox

Been looking at the vitality calendar https://www.discovery.co.za/discovery_coza/web/linked_content/pdfs/vitality/team_vitality/vitality_race_events_calendar.pdf

I see you only get a max of 600 points for doing the 94.7 cycle race (95kms) lol

By then we will all be on 1200, so will still have to work it leading up to the race to enjoy the smoothies.  Maybe will just taper the straw that week  :whistling:

Or take more than 3.5hrs at 80%+ HR?

Or take more than 3.5hrs at 80%+ HR?

Was thinking more of those who are out there fun riding/walking for 5hrs or more, who will take regular breaks, so avg heart rate will be below 80% ... and will only get 600 for their hard earned endeavours!

Similarly, people racing sub 3 etc are not going to take their time to get more points.

Mind you, by November we may be on revision D or E of the points system

Fortunately I have achieved the weekly goal already so that I don't pay back da money, but received only 100 points (which only reflected now for some reason after a bit of a delay) for "Taking 10 000 or more steps" when it was clearly a cycling workout on 21 June 2016...Discovery is awesome (I'm doing a kumbaya dance behind my keyboard).

They are only fixing, allocate the points for members who complain. It doesnt seem as if they are re-running the weeks data at this point.

Edited by Carpet

It's one company Miles and how they do the little things reflects on their core business. I am a customer of Discovery. Not a customer of 3 separate parts of Discovery.

Not once in this thread have I moaned about VAR points allocations or "subject to changes" but when they can't do the simple things like read a file synced from Garmin and Polar and allocate me the points, then ask for screen shots I start to question their willingness to meet obligations.

My weekly interaction with Discovery is on VAR, not life or medical aid. VAR is what forms my perception of the company. You are saying it's unreasonable to question their commitments based on this perception. I'll be dead so can't fight them if they don't honour their commitments which is my perception right now based on their incompetence displayed in this programme.

Agreed. It's the small things that define the whole. 1 company.

Was thinking more of those who are out there fun riding/walking for 5hrs or more, who will take regular breaks, so avg heart rate will be below 80% ... and will only get 600 for their hard earned endeavours!

Similarly, people racing sub 3 etc are not going to take their time to get more points.

Mind you, by November we may be on revision D or E of the points system

They are lucky they get that many points. My fiance took part in 70.3 durban on Sunday and only got 300 points for her cycle leg of the event

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

They are lucky they get that many points. My fiance took part in 70.3 durban on Sunday and only got 300 points for her cycle leg of the event

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

Refer to discovery vitality Web page or any of the recent vitality emails which tells you how to claim 1500 points for doing the 70.3. You need to download the finisher certificate and email it to vitality. I did it on Tuesday morning as also did the 70.3. Points were awarded within an hour of sending the email. Don't complain about not getting the correct points if you do not do what vitality requests!

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Refer to discovery vitality Web page or any of the recent vitality emails which tells you how to claim 1500 points for doing the 70.3. You need to download the finisher certificate and email it to vitality. I did it on Tuesday morning as also did the 70.3. Points were awarded within an hour of sending the email. Don't complain about not getting the correct points if you do not do what vitality requests!

Someone got up angry this morning...First of all, thank you for the information as i missed it somehow.  Secondly, it wasnt a complaint as ive accepted the points allocation system long ago and it is exactly as per their system (she already made her goal for the week in any case and maxed out on points allocated).  With all of that said it is nice that they awarded it for the durban event, but doubt if they will award it for some of the smaller events with the same distance

Someone got up angry this morning...First of all, thank you for the information as i missed it somehow. Secondly, it wasnt a complaint as ive accepted the points allocation system long ago and it is exactly as per their system (she already made her goal for the week in any case and maxed out on points allocated). With all of that said it is nice that they awarded it for the durban event, but doubt if they will award it for some of the smaller events with the same distance

Was on at least 2 vitality emails before the event. On their Facebook page and on the website. Has also been on at least 3 emails since the event... difficult to miss especially if you did the event... and yes your comment was a winge!

https://www.discovery.co.za/portal/individual/vitality-news-June-ironman-2016

Edited by shaper

I got my points from Saturday's ride, but still waiting for Tuesday's points to be corrected.

I get this when I log into the 'vitality fitness devices & apps' page

And then when I try and re-link, I get an error message  :cursing:

post-615-0-58486500-1466668552_thumb.jpg

post-615-0-84384900-1466668945_thumb.jpg

Edited by splat

From Vitality Facebook page

Fitbit and Suunto users: we have GREAT Vitality news coming your way. Keep an eye on your inbox for full details next week! Get active. Get rewarded.

They seem to be back on the list

post-615-0-30816600-1466668841_thumb.jpg

Was on at least 2 vitality emails before the event. On their Facebook page and on the website. Has also been on at least 3 emails since the event... difficult to miss especially if you did the event... and yes your comment was a winge!

Well maybe i should have a chat with discovery then as i've only received one email from them this entire month and it had no info on what you mentioned.  As for facebook, not really a fan.  And just to clarify, i did not to the event...my fiance did as indicated above