Discovery Health - Vitality & Team Vitality plus everything else you need to know

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The answer is somewhere here:

5. How does the cash back work?

A big benefit of being a Team Vitality member is qualifying for cash backs on certain events on the Team Vitality race calendar. In order to redeem your cash backs, please make sure that you self-claim your OSE (Outdoor Sporting Events) points online after each event by selecting the type of event you took part in, inputting your finish time and race number. You have three months after the race in which to upload your race details on the outdoor sporting events to qualify for cash back. We pay your cash back on the pre-registration fee for an event on the Team Vitality race calendar. If you earned R50 cash back or less, we will accumulate it for you and pay it out at the end of the month when the total is more than R50 or at the end of 6 months, depending on what comes first. You will not always receive cash back during the month you participated in the event as we have to receive confirmation from the timing company first and this can take up to two weeks. In addition to this please note that if an event takes place towards the end of the month and we get the timing data the following month, members will only be reimbursed after the monthly calculations have been processed. This may have implications for the financial limits (maximum amount of money paid per quarter) on the cash backs per quarter.

Thanks Gerald

I was looking for this earlier on the discovery site but couldnt find it. My eyes must be as lazy and useless as my legs.

On the Team Vitality page, far right are a few PDF's that have all the questions, rules and guidelines

Just found a post regarding some changes to Vitality point structure from 2 April 2016, seems like they are trying to make it almost impossible to meet your goals.

Eg) 3 000 points changed from 2 hours at 70% max heart rate to 3.5 hours 80% max heart rate average.

https://www.discovery.co.za/portal/individual/vitality-news-device-workout-points

Removal of a few categories (12 500 steps gone)

Interested to see the backlash they get.

This is not COOL

post-46817-0-57407400-1456912131_thumb.png

For those who haven't reached max yet it will take twice as long now

On a nicer note however, i tried the tropical greens smoothie this morning and it is by far the best i have has. That being said i have only had the Tropical Greens, Strawberry Stinger and Peanut Butter Bomb.

Glad I did not take up the apple watch  :ph34r:

Mind you am usually close to 5000 points a week anyway.... and already on diamond status so no real affect to me

On a nicer note however, i tried the tropical greens smoothie this morning and it is by far the best i have has. That being said i have only had the Tropical Greens, Strawberry Stinger and Peanut Butter Bomb.

got to 30000 points by end of jan 10 rides....easy.

Moderate HR 70 - 79% 30 - 89min = 100Points

Currently HR 70 -79% 30 - 59 min = 300Points and 60 - 89min = 600Points

So for my normal base training run at 75% max I will only get 100 points and no longer 600 points. Eish.

I ride 4/5 times per week so will achieve the target most weeks .

However Discovery seem to be very good at offering GREAT benefits to hook you in , then once they have buy- in they start moving the goalposts .

With Vitality you have to book 3 weeks in advance to get the discount at hotels  ... rules out spontineity if you ask me ....

Oooof this is gonna suck for people who have the watches!

It's BS to be honest. 30-90 minutes 80% HR netts you 300 points. Huge difference between 30 and 90 minutes at that sort of heart rate. Might need to hook up the spin bike again for 30 minutes every day. 

Ludicrous. 

Yip, they've hooked a good few people and now seriously moved the goal posts.

Who can ride at 80% for 210 min ?

Discovery is taking lessons from the government, eskom, etc