Discovery Health - Vitality & Team Vitality plus everything else you need to know

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Would be nice better if Seattle Coffee were the rewards partner.

We have a vida inside our office building  :w00t:  :w00t:  :w00t:

For me the real issue, is that you are sold a two year "watch contract" at a given basis. They cannot revisit this arbitrarliy surely?

When I evaluated, it was done by half week, now I will have to ensure compliance.

Does anyone know the Consumer Protection Act well enough to test if it covers this kind of thing?

For me the real issue, is that you are sold a two year "watch contract" at a given basis. They cannot revisit this arbitrarliy surely?

When I evaluated, it was done by half week, now I will have to ensure compliance.

Does anyone know the Consumer Protection Act well enough to test if it covers this kind of thing?

I saw someone on FB threatened them with this as well...dont know if you stand any ground though.

No. The watch contract was the purchase of a watch on a 24 month 0% interest loan basis. Vitality then supplements thus for you IF you meet the goals.

The contract (24 payments at X per month) remain constant. Supplementation changes according to your activity, the points for which were always subject to change

No. The watch contract was the purchase of a watch on a 24 month 0% interest loan basis. Vitality then supplements thus for you IF you meet the goals.

The contract (24 payments at X per month) remain constant. Supplementation changes according to your activity, the points for which were always subject to change

DAMN !!!

Would be nice better if Seattle Coffee were the rewards partner.

That is even worse. Mugg and Bean would be better and easier to get to

Myles you seem to know a thing or two... How does one argue that the basis is so completely different to what they sold us? I see now that if I run some of my training schedule, I will need to ride 12 days per week to achieve 1200 points (the number everyone with an apple watch seems to need to achieve eventually) ! (no sir, only 1 activity per day) and that is for us! the walker who bought a fitbit and committed similarly to daily 1 hour activity at a threshold HR. will also only need 12 days in their week! I think a good communication strategy should talk some sense into what is meant to be a motivating program and a customer goodwill program?

12 exercises!? Unless you're only recording speed and distance or aren't hitting the 80% level, all you need to do is a maximum of 4 30 min high intensity sessions per week. That's if you're on the 1200 point requirement.

You cannot tell me that that isn't achievable.you could even do 2x60min efforts at 80% and still get there. Or a park run and a 30 min effort at 80% and then a 60 min effort at 80%

If you have the watch, it does it all for you.

Edited by Myles Mayhew

Just an observation... there is a lot of comment regarding the "moving of the goalposts". Making it harder to get points (the new structure still makes it achievable you just need to work harder). Had it gone the other way, IOW points targets too high in the beginning and people finding it too hard to hit their targets so Disco made it easier to get to your individual goal, would there still be so many complaints? Doubt it......

Just an observation... there is a lot of comment regarding the "moving of the goalposts". Making it harder to get points (the new structure still makes it achievable you just need to work harder). Had it gone the other way, IOW points targets too high in the beginning and people finding it too hard to hit their targets so Disco made it easier to get to your individual goal, would there still be so many complaints? Doubt it......

That is (and, Sir Mayhem, please correct me if I am wrong) what happened last year, when Disco dropped the maximum fitness points to 15,000, making it difficult to get to Gold or keep my platinum without all the tests. They corrected it this year, thereby admitting their error, but could easily have done it half way through the year. Rather like the exact opposite of this debacle.

(I don't want an Apple watch, and my irritation is purely the hassle of needing to wear a HR monitor, and connecting my 500 to my laptop (for now, still need to check out a solution posed here for that). My resting HR is 38/9, too, so getting anyway near my 'max heart rate' involves drooling, convulsions and catatonia. Which doesn't make my girlfriend find me attractive. And definitely doesn't make me feel like a smoothie.)

That is (and, Sir Mayhem, please correct me if I am wrong) what happened last year, when Disco dropped the maximum fitness points to 15,000, making it difficult to get to Gold or keep my platinum without all the tests. They corrected it this year, thereby admitting their error, but could easily have done it half way through the year. Rather like the exact opposite of this debacle.

(I don't want an Apple watch, and my irritation is purely the hassle of needing to wear a HR monitor, and connecting my 500 to my laptop (for now, still need to check out a solution posed here for that). My resting HR is 38/9, too, so getting anyway near my 'max heart rate' involves drooling, convulsions and catatonia. Which doesn't make my girlfriend find me attractive. And definitely doesn't make me feel like a smoothie.)

(220-age) * [60/70/80]% ?

post-14863-0-89462400-1458404801_thumb.jpg

These seem easily attainable?

Seems to me people look for excuses rather than solutions... I guess they had it too easy and become too lazy.

How do you monitor your training and riding efficiency if you do not wear a hrm, unless you actually dont push yourself and coffee ride everywhere?

How do you analyse your ride stats as you cannot get enough info of the edge 500 screen, so you have to connect your 500 to a laptop and upload to GC and then sync with strava if you use it. You must have been connecting the 500 to your laptop previously to get your smoothies as the 500 does not have bluetooth conectivity... so am failing to see your irritation or gripe... apart from the sake of moaning without reason!

My resting is 42 and as a 50yo, I have to get to 136 which is difficult as most of my training rides am lucky if average 130. It is only when I race do I get there

That is almost impossible for me to do at the moment to reach 136 as I crashed racing at the Argus and broke my collar bone... so can only spin at the gym (wearing a hrm)... yet am managing still to reach my 1200 points each week just from a couple of spin sessions!

What is bugging me is that I can no longer swim or run until the collar bone is healed and am already feeling the ebbing of fitness... and yet you are here making excuses for something that is very easy to do and achieve the goals.

If you do hot want to wear a hrm or upload your 500 by laptop to reach the goals and freebies... dont complain about Discovery as that is your choice! Yes they are forcing you to do so if you wish to benefit from the rewards program but that is their t&c's. The aim of Discovery is to get people to take more of an interest in their health and even get fitter.

And by all accounts the awards program is working... I only have to see the number of people ordering smoothies each day at the kauai at my gym.

Edited by shaper