Discovery Health - Vitality & Team Vitality plus everything else you need to know

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I will certainly not be joining - If one has already paid ones CSA license fee for 2015, Discovery will NOT reimburse you.

"Thank you for your email

Unfortunately we will not be able to reimburse you for your CSA licence.

Regards

Team Vitality"

Edited by Dee1

I will certainly not be joining - If one has already paid ones CSA license fee for 2015, Discovery will NOT reimburse you.

Regards

Team Vitality"

Me neither.

Will wait for 2016 before thinking about it again

Regards

Team Vitality"

:thumbdown: have also paid... so will watch to see how this develops over the year and to see what if any changes/races added etc... then will see if is worth it in 2016

Hi everyone

I am Vitality Dan, an avid cyclist and an employee of Discovery Vitality. I am here to answer all your Team Vitality related questions and to give you all the correct information around the new benefit.

Here's some more information that covers most of the concerns and question I have seen so far on this thread. I will be working my way through and responding to all your questions as quickly as possible.

The current Team Vitality race calendar is only for quarter 1 of 2015 and includes the big races in each of the respective regions from January 2015 to March 2015. The calendar will be updated every quarter, with more events in each region being added. If there are specific events that you would like added to the calendar please email teamvitality@discovery.co.za with the race details and we’ll consider including these.

As a Team Vitality member, the team cycling jersey you receive in the starter pack is from Ftech worth over R1 100 and is imported from Italy and in addition to this ASG vouchers worth R500 on selected merchandise and Garmin vouchers worth R800 also on selected merchandise.

You’ll have access to the post-race Team Vitality hospitality area at events as well as invitations to exclusive Team Vitality talks and presentations. You’ll also receive newsletters throughout the year to ensure you are kept in the loop.

Remember to keep visiting our website to stay up to date with all Team Vitality news.

Hi everyone

I am Vitality Dan, an avid cyclist and an employee of Discovery Vitality. I am here to answer all your Team Vitality related questions and to give you all the correct information around the new benefit.

Here's some more information that covers most of the concerns and question I have seen so far on this thread. I will be working my way through and responding to all your questions as quickly as possible.

The current Team Vitality race calendar is only for quarter 1 of 2015 and includes the big races in each of the respective regions from January 2015 to March 2015. The calendar will be updated every quarter, with more events in each region being added. If there are specific events that you would like added to the calendar please email teamvitality@discovery.co.za with the race details and we’ll consider including these.

As a Team Vitality member, the team cycling jersey you receive in the starter pack is from Ftech worth over R1 100 and is imported from Italy and in addition to this ASG vouchers worth R500 on selected merchandise and Garmin vouchers worth R800 also on selected merchandise.

You’ll have access to the post-race Team Vitality hospitality area at events as well as invitations to exclusive Team Vitality talks and presentations. You’ll also receive newsletters throughout the year to ensure you are kept in the loop.

Remember to keep visiting our website to stay up to date with all Team Vitality news.

Danny boy, you want me to spend R600 to get 25% off one race, without knowing what races are coming? You must think I am a special kind of stupid

What is this... A carrot leading the horse?

Dan, the current schedule lists all events until December, which is about a quarter that was originally highlighted... So I fail to see that you can say it only highlights to March 2015... When the schedule has many races after March!

Another failed patch up PR statement it seems....

Hi everyone

Whatever you get paid it isn't enough to put yourself through what is likely to happen now.

Whatever you get paid it isn't enough to put yourself through what is likely to happen now.

http://www.quickmeme.com/img/ca/cab9eb38030537cce5e0fd55fe2a7eb4b23ddcf61b2a3fedd1b25e851e65ffdd.jpg

Seems to be the week for it.

Hold off guys, I spent time this morning crossing emails with "team vitality" and "vitality dan" below has at least answered the question I kept asking about the calendar being updated for the 2,3,4th quarters in plain language!

So, the reason races in the last quarter of the year are on the calendar: 

"The races that we have on our calendar for the other quarters are confirmed, thus we felt we should inform our members" - so yes, stupid of vitality to put these on now as it just confuses everyone. They obviously need to hire me to help with communications ;) Sent them a link to Advendurance website and suggested they kindly add the rest of the series plus Trailseeker. No response.

Apparently "it is a club rule, CGA  and ASA rule to run in your Team Vitality running shirt" and refunds only apply when you are wearing said jersey. I emailed back and said I am a cyclist so those organisations dont apply to me and how do they plan on enforcing this. No response. Unless they send me 2 x different jerseys I am not wearing that to every race, how will my Facebook fans react to the pictures I post of me in dieselfde outfit week after week  :eek: 

Having said that I will probably pay the money, so far Im already doing Argus (R400) Ride for Sight (R270) plus the first Ashburton Series race (boyfriend paid so hope I get a refund #jewish) so it seems to be a deal.

Thx CnC. Please keep us in the loop. I actually resigned from my club to join this (since I am already heavily connected to Discovery) but am quite disappointed now. I have already paid Argus, CSA and several other races.

Luckily I have a few shirts already....

I looked at the Q & A section this morning. 

https://www.discovery.co.za/portal/discovery_coza/web/linked_content/pdfs/vitality/team_vitality/team_vitality_faqs.pdf

So far this Team Vitality things looks useless and very restrictive.

1. If you belong to an existing club you have to resign.... Why?

What infrastructure do they provide to do your activity in your own area? None... So no more club running buddies no more training groups organised by a club in you area.

2. You can only use the vouchers online...

Being a cyclist i already have a garmin  so what do i spent my voucher on? I thought ok maybe i can get a vivo fit with the voucher instead but no you cant. 

3. The listed events seem very limited.

4. Cash back on events. 

It looks like i wont get any cash back for events that i have already registered for.

Where / How does the PPA fit into this?

5. Only 1 shirt and no way to get a replacement or an additional shirt? Really?

I was excited about the Team Vitality offering in the beginning but the more i look at it the more i doubt that it is of any use.

I looked at the Q & A section this morning. 

https://www.discovery.co.za/portal/discovery_coza/web/linked_content/pdfs/vitality/team_vitality/team_vitality_faqs.pdf

So far this Team Vitality things looks useless and very restrictive.

1. If you belong to an existing club you have to resign.... Why?

What infrastructure do they provide to do your activity in your own area? None... So no more club running buddies no more training groups organised by a club in you area.

2. You can only use the vouchers online...

Being a cyclist i already have a garmin  so what do i spent my voucher on? I thought ok maybe i can get a vivo fit with the voucher instead but no you cant. 

3. The listed events seem very limited.

4. Cash back on events. 

It looks like i wont get any cash back for events that i have already registered for.

Where / How does the PPA fit into this?

5. Only 1 shirt and no way to get a replacement or an additional shirt? Really?

I was excited about the Team Vitality offering in the beginning but the more i look at it the more i doubt that it is of any use.

Do you not read previous posts? See the answer to your number 3 in my response below.

Plus: 

You will receive cash backs for events you have already registered for, provided that:

• It is on the Team Vitality race calendar
  • The race is completed
  • You have not reached the quarterly spend limit of R3 000
  • You race in your Team Vitality shirt

what they mean with "pre-registration" is that they wont pay back the late entry fee amount, they refund you based on what it costs to do early registration.