Discovery Health - Vitality & Team Vitality plus everything else you need to know

its just the app that's *** slow. always take a screenshot of the voucher so I don't have this issue.

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So smoothie for me this morning because the stupid Discovery App wouldn't work.

IMO the Discovery App is a real piece of ****

It lakes so long to open the Rewards page and to open the Activity History takes even longer.

You guys also experience this ?

I changed phones and it's the same crap on both phones.

So I figure that it's either Voodoocom or Discovery.

I often have issues with the app on my Android phone but it always works on my iPad *smk*

The only time I find it slow is when I want to review the Activity History as it seems to import the history from day one rather than just this week or the last 2 weeks which is all am really interested in.

For the last 5 or 6 weeks I have been taking a screen shot of the voucher, mainly because sometime network coverage at the gym is ***

Also, most peoples wifi is on so itll try to connect to an Alwayson. If you're not registered with Alwayson then itll just keep loading. So switch your wifi off and it should load faster.

It lakes so long to open the Rewards page and to open the Activity History takes even longer.

I'm an android developer, it's a badly written app. 

The backend may be a bit slow too but the app doesn't keep track of the user state and that's just silly. It should take you to the login screen when it detects you aren't logged in anymore. If they don't want to keep the user logged in, which isn't a great user experience either. 

Grrrr....

One thing I can say about Discovery, they will lure you in with some clever trick and be sure it will change very soon - Lots of stuff changed with the Credit card after I got it.

The new app is a lot better than older iterations.

I was able to claim a voucher while standing in the queue today. Probably took 30secs from opening app to getting to voucher (including entering password).

A few months ago it took about 5min - if there weren't any snags. I had to screen capture the vouchers beforehand because the app was so unreliable. I found myself at the front off the queue a couple of teams like "sorry....one moment....app is just loading....... I'll have the voucher ready in a few secs......" etc.

Now it's all history.

Also, newer, faster phone also helps I guess.

edit: Engrish

Edited by Koei

One thing I can say about Discovery, they will lure you in with some clever trick and be sure it will change very soon - Lots of stuff changed with the Credit card after I got it.

Same as eBucks, Amazon, OneDrive etc etc.

I'm an android developer, it's a badly written app. 

The backend may be a bit slow too but the app doesn't keep track of the user state and that's just silly. It should take you to the login screen when it detects you aren't logged in anymore. If they don't want to keep the user logged in, which isn't a great user experience either. 

Grrrr....

This I can believe and I'm no developer.

Their website used to really suck as well but it seems that it's sorted now.

The new app is a lot better than older iterations.

I was able to claim a voucher while standing in the queue today. Probably took 30secs from opening app to getting to voucher (including entering password).

A few months ago it took about 5min - if there weren't any snags. I had to screen capture the vouchers beforehand because the app was so unreliable. I found myself at the front off the queue a couple of teams like "sorry....one moment....app is just loading....... I'll have the voucher ready in a few secs......" etc.

Now it's all history.

Also, newer, faster phone also helps I guess.

edit: Engrish

What version are you on ?

I'm on 5.9.0 (for Android)

I just get a blue screen when I want to use my voucher. Happens all the time, now I dont even bother. Got a Samsung S5 mini. :cursing:

Same as eBucks, Amazon, OneDrive etc etc.

I must say I have the Virgin card that has no monthly fees, had it for years now and no change. No rewards but atleast no monthly fees.

What version are you on ?

I'm on 5.9.0 (for Android)

Android 5.1.1.

Note 4.

Android 5.1.1.

Note 4.

Seems that I'm on the latest for my phone, can see anywhere to upgrade.