Discovery Health - Vitality & Team Vitality plus everything else you need to know

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay so max points for an exercise on the "normal" one is 300 for an HR backed exercise of 30 Min plus.

Points cap is now 900 max on normal one.

Will look for more information later.

Edited by Myles Mayhew

No more getting your weekly points goal in one sitting unless it's an event

Yeah, but that was sort of the point. Makes it harder for us maniacs to do it in one go, but also easier to do it in a rest week. Well done on them for listening and/or realising they mucked up the first time.

Only still odd thing is the lack of distinction between timed MTB and road events. And people without HR monitors or with Apple watches who aren't serious sportspeople are still in the same boat if their points approach 900. But hey, suck it up now. You can get your points if you try!

Edited by Thor Buttox

have a smoothie/coffee voucher expiring today if anyone wants it. pM with email or number

All I want to know is what the definition of endurance/high performer is. I like to train 6 times a week with my weekends being anything from 7 to 12 hours worth of training in total.

I have not missed a single goal since starting out, so will this now push me into the endurance category according to them? 1200 points per week was no issue as I usually get 1500/3000 points on my Saturday ride.

Yeah, but that was sort of the point. Makes it harder for us maniacs to do it in one go, but also easier to do it in a rest week. Well done on them for listening and/or realising they mucked up the first time.

Only still odd thing is the lack of distinction between timed MTB and road events. And people without HR monitors or with Apple watches who aren't serious sportspeople are still in the same boat if their points approach 900. But hey, suck it up now. You can get your points if you try!

Yeah but mate, you know there will always be some looking for a way to moan.

And agreed on the multiple small vs one big. But then we've always said that.

Funny thing. Impey would STILL only get 300 points for his efforts unless there's a different scale for "endurance" or "performance" athletes

Fromm a quick look at the table, looks a much better proportioning of the points if the cap is going to be 900.

Still not in agreement that a parkrun/walk can get you 300 points, which is the same points allocation for me doing a 10km run in 54mins at vigorous MHR, as well as a 2hr+ bike ride at moderate MHR.  Just based on the inputted effort it does not compare... but I guess the parkrun is aimed at getting the couch potatoes up and exercising.

Nice to see under times and verified races they will be recognising duathletes and triathletes!

All I want to know is what the definition of endurance/high performer is. I like to train 6 times a week with my weekends being anything from 7 to 12 hours worth of training in total.

I have not missed a single goal since starting out, so will this now push me into the endurance category according to them? 1200 points per week was no issue as I usually get 1500/3000 points on my Saturday ride.

My consultant is at her CPD day today and I've asked her for as much info as she can get. I'm also interested in that and will post asap

Yeah but mate, you know there will always be some looking for a way to moan.

And agreed on the multiple small vs one big. But then we've always said that.

Funny thing. Impey would STILL only get 300 points for his efforts unless there's a different scale for "endurance" or "performance" athletes

They want to 'get everyone to train multiple times per week'. The graduation in this scale ensures that happens, unless it's a timed event and then you can do Iron Man and rest the rest of the week. And even the fitter low revvers can do 60% for a longer period which is fine for active recovery. I had to do a make up session last week on the spin bike for 90mins at 80%,and I almost died, with the sweat river running off under the other bike. So now it's much easier.

Seems close to optimal to me.