Discovery Health - Vitality & Team Vitality plus everything else you need to know

Hi, without having to scroll through these hundreds of pages please could someone advise me. I recently purchased a Fenix 3HR and cannot seem to find the best setting to record a gym session, tried indoor run, insufficient, made a custom one, ditto, cardio has also failed. Going to try strength training next. The cardio one was the last one and with an average heartbeat in the 90's was insufficient. Gym starts with a 2km trail run as warm up and then inside for punishment

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi, without having to scroll through these hundreds of pages please could someone advise me. I recently purchased a Fenix 3HR and cannot seem to find the best setting to record a gym session, tried indoor run, insufficient, made a custom one, ditto, cardio has also failed. Going to try strength training next. The cardio one was the last one and with an average heartbeat in the 90's was insufficient. Gym starts with a 2km trail run as warm up and then inside for punishment

That is not the workout type its the extremely poor optical hr sensor in that device.

Hr is very inaccurate, i tried 3different f3hr watches all showed my hr super low or non existent.

My advice use a normal ant + strap

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did an audax rider yesterday, spent the day cycling and having fun...100 vitality points...now I know one should use an HR monitor but decided just to have a lekker cycle. 8 hours cycling = 100 points ,about the same u get when u gippo yr card at virgin.

Yes, I could apply for the extra points but this is just to highlight the seemingly inconsistent points allocation.

Did an audax rider yesterday, spent the day cycling and having fun...100 vitality points...now I know one should use an HR monitor but decided just to have a lekker cycle. 8 hours cycling = 100 points ,about the same u get when u gippo yr card at virgin.

Yes, I could apply for the extra points but this is just to highlight the seemingly inconsistent points allocation.

I got 200 (OK so I did have some Garmin recording issues ;) ) so I must have tried at least twice as hard as you  :whistling:

Veebee helped me out with the below suggestion.

change to the high performance category, this will solve your issues. Your goal will increase to 1200 points but it will be easier to achieve.

https://www.discovery.co.za/portal/individual/vitality-fitness-table-elite-sep-2016

attachicon.gif disco high.jpg

change to the high performance category, this will solve your issues. Your goal will increase to 1200 points but it will be easier to achieve.

https://www.discovery.co.za/portal/individual/vitality-fitness-table-elite-sep-2016

attachicon.gif disco high.jpg

Nothing inconsistent about the allocation. We just need to understand how to work it properly.

See post above from Lurch.

I did 2 rides this weekend. 1 slow 4 hour and 1 higher intensity 2 hour ride. 600 points each > target achieved for the week.

Nothing inconsistent about the allocation. We just need to understand how to work it properly.

See post above from Lurch.

I did 2 rides this weekend. 1 slow 4 hour and 1 higher intensity 2 hour ride. 600 points each > target achieved for the week.

I am on the 1200 point scheme and normally score 600 for a ride longer than 2 hours but that's when I use a HR Monitor, This ride I just wanted to ride and not worry bout HR etc so did not switch it on. Only score 100 points. I can apply to get the 3000 for doing an event longer than 180 km's but it seems a lil silly that 8 hours of activity scores the same amount of points as someone who gippos the card at Virgin active. The allocation of points has gone from one extreme to the other it seems.

Tough to get heart rate points when not recording heart rate I suppose. Else log your audax result on Discovery website for points. 

I am on the 1200 point scheme and normally score 600 for a ride longer than 2 hours but that's when I use a HR Monitor, This ride I just wanted to ride and not worry bout HR etc so did not switch it on. Only score 100 points. I can apply to get the 3000 for doing an event longer than 180 km's but it seems a lil silly that 8 hours of activity scores the same amount of points as someone who gippos the card at Virgin active. The allocation of points has gone from one extreme to the other it seems.

The sytem has been in place for long enough now to know that you cannot get more than 100 points without a HR monitor. [events excluded]

I got 200 (OK so I did have some Garmin recording issues ;) ) so I must have tried at least twice as hard as you  :whistling:

I got 600 points for the Audax obviously I tried 3 times harder than you (which explains a lot)  :D  :D  :D

I got 600 points for the Audax obviously I tried 3 times harder than you (which explains a lot) :D :D :D

Ja but you rode further than me ... Should have followed the GPS route and turned ???? - I even told you when it was coming demmit ????

Anyone else having issues with Flight Booster? My cashback was for 14 May and still nothing. Discovery apparently has accidentally been paying members twice and has now stopped payments completely. I'm calling BS.

"Dear Mr... 

There is a general issue with paying out Flight Booster cash backs. We are currently running a fix to try and resolve. As per our discussion that this matter is not isolated to your profile and there is currently no turnaround for resolution. We will continue to follow up on this and keep in touch with you. 

We apologise for all inconveniences caused."

Anyone else having issues with Flight Booster? My cashback was for 14 May and still nothing. Discovery apparently has accidentally been paying members twice and has now stopped payments completely. I'm calling BS.

"Dear Mr... 

There is a general issue with paying out Flight Booster cash backs. We are currently running a fix to try and resolve. As per our discussion that this matter is not isolated to your profile and there is currently no turnaround for resolution. We will continue to follow up on this and keep in touch with you. 

We apologise for all inconveniences caused."

I also have issues with Flight Booster. Should have been paid by now but nothing yet. Sent them a message via Twitter, they said they will investigate and respond in 5 to 7 work days... They are just buying time while they try to figure out how they are actually going to honour their promises.

Hi, looking for a entry level GPS watch for cycling for Discovery.Thanks.

Hi, looking for a entry level GPS watch for cycling for Discovery.Thanks.

There was a Tomtom Runner 2 being advertised this morning for a decent price.

New, Takealot has the Runner 2 Cardio for an ok price as well.

Doesn't have the most features ever, but pretty easy to use and syncs to Vitality.

Edit: also a Garmin 35 advertised this morning.

Edited by HdB

Hi guys, need some advice, will the Polar M200 M/L work for cycling and with Vitality?Thanks

Hi guys, need some advice, will the Polar M200 M/L work for cycling and with Vitality?Thanks

Polar does sync to Vitality, so yes on that.

For cycling, I'm not sure if it can connect to external sensors such as speed/cadence, but it does have a cycling mode so if that is sufficient for you then yes on that too.

I use my TomTom watch while cycling - for road riding its simply there for Vitality (Bryton on my handlebars), for MTB I ride only with the watch on my wrist.