Discovery Health - Vitality & Team Vitality plus everything else you need to know

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I got 105 from 3 plays, not too bad. Will just let it build up to something decent.

Anyone know when this ends or expires ?

I got 155 from 3 plays, they are valid for 12 weeks "rolling".  If you click on the points, it also says below the points how many points "expire this week"

I got 105 from 3 plays, not too bad. Will just let it build up to something decent.

I'm not convinced I'll let it 'build up' - there's those 2 coffees that I still had that just disappeared when my phone updated the app, so for now I'll just spend whatever I have as soon as I can.

I don't have much faith in the Discovery drive app. Yesterday was only the second day that I've used it and it has already given incorrect results. I drove on the N1, but it reckoned I went onto the off-ramp and then the on-ramp and back onto the freeway, giving me 2 bad speeding scores - 1 for the off-ramp and 1 for the on-ramp, thus wiping out 2 days of near perfect driving. 

http://bitsandpcs.co.za/images/discdrive.jpg

i've got 2 card in my digital cards section and they aren't greyed out. Expiry date only in the future. But when I tried to use them they weren't valid, any idea why. The one that expired yesterday is greyed out

That is hilarious! So you got a bad rating based on an impossible event. You could not have physically crossed that barrier in a car  :clap:

I gave up on Disc Insure a while ago. Went back to the old fashioned insurance model without the rewards program.

I don't have much faith in the Discovery drive app. Yesterday was only the second day that I've used it and it has already given incorrect results. I drove on the N1, but it reckoned I went onto the off-ramp and then the on-ramp and back onto the freeway, giving me 2 bad speeding scores - 1 for the off-ramp and 1 for the on-ramp, thus wiping out 2 days of near perfect driving. 

Are you insured with Discovery or just using the Insure App?

Insured: get the device from TWT, as they can link it to your policy.

Not insured: not required.

thanks not insured. Just taking the bit extra I can get. 

I'm always losing score for speeding on an on-ramp. It's stupid that you're expected to drive 60km/h while trying to filter into 120km/h traffic.

Also I lose score for hard cornering all the time. Even when I go around a corner at 9km/h.2e2325fd661f69c0f655e3a86fba895e.jpg

Have 180 from 4 plays , but could not exchange for R100 Pick & pay reward.

Have 180 from 4 plays , but could not exchange for R100 Pick & pay reward.

Anyone been able to spend the rewards yet? Which shop did you use? 

I'm going to try Dischem the weekend.

You pretty much have to drive like Mss Daisy to make this work. I also had some interesting detours per the insure app and their speed limits at the toll gates going north are not in agreement with the boards.

Looking at the tile board from yesterday, 13 tiles had a value of either 30 or 25. The way I see it there is now only a 35% chance to get a "smoothie value" from the remaining 7 tiles, whereas a year ago we were getting 2 every week, then 1 + the spin every 3 weeks.

It took me 6 picks to get to 200, so not much luck in this regard.

Also I lose score for hard cornering all the time. Even when I go around a corner at 9km/h.

I think the sensors gets blown away by the frustration of all the drivers at that £$"$£"% slow traffic light, waiting to exit the shopping area

Haha I've also had an incident like this before, except that I went around two loop-de-loops to get off and on the highway at 120 again  :w00t:  I wish my car actually had that much grip.

Disclaimer though, you had two other incidents for what I can see. If it was only the single "false" speed reading, you would have been fine. 

For the most part I don't have any issues any more, the more you learn about how the system works the more you adapt to it. Does not prevent idiots from parking their cars in front of you and you having to hit the brakes, hard. But then ensure you don't have any other offences during the trip and you'll still be fine.

What I hate though is having to climb on the anchors when the light turns orange. You're always second guessing yourself about, oh, smokes, will I get penalised for this now. Instead of damn I need to stop it's the right thing to do.

Disclaimer though, you had two other incidents for what I can see. If it was only the single "false" speed reading, you would have been fine. 

That image shows 2 incidents. One is on the off-ramp and one is on the on-ramp. The 3rd incident was hard cornering which definitely would not have caused an issue. Actually, they really got it wrong near that section! They showed me going totally off course. I took the blue line, while they had me going around and through the VW dealership!

Now I'm going to have to stay in the far right lane until just after the off-ramp and then shoot across to the left because I take the very next exit!

Is it worthwhile complaining to them about this at all?

http://bitsandpcs.co.za/images/discdrive2.jpg

http://bitsandpcs.co.za/images/discdrive3.jpg

Edited by HenryS