Discovery Health - Vitality & Team Vitality plus everything else you need to know

Platinum full suite.

The annual cost of the old Disco Credit Card + my current bank's fees was about R200 less than the Platinum full suite package, and the additional benefits for Platinum vs Gold was a no-brainer. I've decided to keep my current bank's account open, until I move my home loan to another bank. 

just a thought ...

When I moved my banking from ABSA to FNB I kept my ABSA account open.  BUT, I sat down with them and looked at my options at ABSA .... Should add that I kept another bond open with ABSA, so it made sense to keep my current account and internet banking going with ABSA. Kept the account open, with the same account number, but down graded from some or other fancy package to the lowest format in which I could keep it open.  Currently R65 per month account fee.  There must be some limits to debit orders etc, but as this is not my primary account these are a non issue for me .... frankly, I dont see any difference in the banking experience between the near R400 per month I was paying vs the R65 I am now paying ... other than the colour of the card ....

Turns out keeping the ABSA account open also has some unintended perks ....  For projects I pay a lump sum into that account, and pay the project from there, makes it super easy to track a given project for the accountants.  Helps to keep personal finance and rental-project costs separated ....  Nice linked savings account as well .... If you need to do a quick payment, I can choose between FNB or ABSA if the other party has one of these, effecting immediate transfer without any additional costs.

Also interesting to be able to compare banks, ATM's, accounts, Apps, internet-banking, etc side by side .... 12 months ago I would have sworn that FNB was the far better bank, having gone the call-centre route they are now my least favorite to deal with.  On ATM's ... FNB has the most user friendly ATM programming of the lot !!  Now if only they had more ATM's ...

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I see in a Tweet from Discovery that to get to Diamond in 2020 requires the main member to get 50000 points and the adult dependent (1 only) only requires 25000 (50% of the main member).

http://discv.co/VitalityPoints2020

1972d1e9cd6be9ee0ecd388dad868c77.jpg

Vitality points in 2020

The Vitality programme is based on a unique combination of clinical evidence, behavioural economics and actuarial expertise. It is grounded in research that shows that people can make a significant impact on their health by changing their lifestyle.

In 2020 we will be aligning our points structure to better reflect members' health status and reward them accordingly. This has resulted in some exciting new changes.

What can you expect in 2020?

Points thresholds

The number of Vitality points needed to reach Bronze, Silver and Gold Vitality status will be lowered in 2020. A single member will need only 7 500 points to get to Bronze, 25 000 points to get to Silver and 40 000 points to get to Gold in 2020.

From 2020 you will no longer have to achieve Gold Vitality status for three consecutive years to reach Diamond status. You can now reach Diamond Vitality status in a single year by earning 50 000 Vitality points. This means that your health and fitness outcomes will now be directly related to your Vitality status. To reach Diamond Vitality status in 2020 you will need to achieve 50 000 Vitality points, even if you reached Gold for the 2 previous years.

When you have additional adult dependants on your membership, the additional points that need to be earned in order for the family to reach each Vitality status will be lowered to 50% of the single member threshold. This means that additional adult dependents add 3 750 Vitality points to the threshold for the family to reach Bronze Vitality status, 12 500 points for the family to reach Silver, 20 000 points for the family to reach Gold and 25 000 points for the family to reach Diamond Vitality status. These members can earn a maximum of 25 000 Vitality points per year.

Points for HIV testing

Almost 50% of Vitality members are unaware of their HIV status. In 2020, Vitality points allocations will be updated to encourage first-time screening and to reward management of the condition once diagnosed.

These updates include:

7 500 Vitality points the first time a Vitality member goes for an HIV test

1 000 Vitality points (awarded once a year) for subsequent HIV screening; this applies to all Vitality members who have previously earned points for doing an HIV test

2 500 points for registration on the HIV Care programme once diagnosed

As a Discovery Health Medical Scheme member, you can grant consent for Vitality to automatically award you points for enrolling in the Discovery Health HIV Care programme. Members on other medical schemes must submit proof of registration to their scheme's HIV programme.

Online assessments

The current 2 500 online assessment points will be earned across two different assessments in 2020:

Earn 1 500 Vitality points once a year for finding out your Vitality Age.

Earn 500 Vitality points twice a year for completing the mental wellbeing assessments. Assessments will need to be done 6 months apart.

CPR

We understand the importance of knowing how to perform CPR, and encourage you to continue to attend these courses. However from 2020 Vitality points will no longer be awarded for completing a CPR course. Courses completed prior to 2020 will still be recognised for the duration of their certification period and points awarded accordingly.

Chronic condition management

In 2020, you can earn up to 4 000 Vitality points per year for effectively managing the following chronic conditions:

Diabetes

Hyperlipidemia

Hypertension

Ischaemic heart disease

Weight management

Points for children

In 2020 we are introducing Vitality Active Rewards for Kids and Teens, to partner with parents to make kids healthier. Instead of earning Vitality points, this new programme directly rewards children with Discovery Miles for doing relevant health checks and participating in physical activity. Children will continue to earn Vitality points towards the family Vitality status for getting vaccinated.

Remember to use your Vitality Points Tracker to view all the points you have earned and how you are tracking towards your next Vitality status.

What this actually means is the points per event are going to decrease. was 5000 for HIV test now 1000. 

Hate, these goal posts that change shape, balls that change, ref that changes and then the prize at the end changes.

• 2 weeks later...

I am waiting 12 days for vitality points from health check, discovery now say they cant get the data from the nurse. FML.

anyone get their full points allocation for the 947 ride yet ?

Mine is still sitting on 600 points

Not yet, but I have 800 points in total from the mtb ride  :ph34r: .

post-135922-0-67666500-1574340881_thumb.jpg

anyone get their full points allocation for the 947 ride yet ?

Mine is still sitting on 600 points

Will be 600, wasn't more than 100km or did they advertise something else

Did not even check for the points for the 94.7, got 300 for an easy spin on the Sat, 300 for the race and another 300 on Tues when was back on the bike, so already have my 900 for the week.  Already maxed out my fitness points since March this year, so as long as I make my weekly goals, don't generally go chasing vitality for additional points

What this actually means is the points per event are going to decrease. was 5000 for HIV test now 1000.

Hate, these goal posts that change shape, balls that change, ref that changes and then the prize at the end changes.

Ja but honestly those were "free" points and it's kaak easy to get to diamond anyway. Screening checks, fitness points. Boom.

Didnt get any points from the race... firstly I ost my garmin so nothing there.

Their systems seem to be a mess at the moment, Gym tracker has been down for almost 6 weeks not, logged and query and they claim to have updated it manually but still nothing shows.

Guess they are getting ready for all the planned changes for 2020

pretty sure I saw it as 1100

Yes that is what they advertised, but I also haven't received my points yet.

Edit: just checked again and I received it now.

Edited by Carbon_Kooi

Ditto, mine is up too. My lazy week has been justified. Will get on points again Saturday. 

I see between my first post and now they updated.

Someone from Vitality is watching us. :)

Heads up for those with [emoji184][emoji184] or more on VAR (rewards)...

Gain an extra play for your expiring diamonds

Still have a diamond? Diamonds will soon come to an end and we’ll replace each expiring diamond with an extra play on your gameboard. The last gameboard containing a diamond will be available from 27 November to 3 December 2019, depending on the number of diamonds you have:

If you only have one diamond left, your diamond will be removed on 4 December 2019 and will be replaced with a play on 11 December 2019.

If you have two or more diamonds left, you will have until 31 December 2019 at midnight to redeem your diamonds.

If you do not redeem diamonds before the above dates, you will not be reimbursed with a play for the lost diamonds.

https://www.discovery.co.za/vitality/vitality-active-rewards-2020

pretty sure I saw it as 1100

The 1100 is supposed to be made up as follows:

600 for 50 – 99km cycling event;

500 for a Discovery sponsored event - trying to find where it's published.

I got both event and sponsored event points at the Discovery Run Series. For 947, I've only got the 600 points for the race. I see the 500 is now showing.

Then, on a separate note, there's the cash-back for Team Vitality, which I see hasn't paid out for Amashova (yet). I'll wait for the 947 cashback next month before phoning the, to query it - like I have to do after every event.

Edited by Frosty

Discovery people.

Might be moving over to Discovery in the new year.

Will probably be Classic Smart plan for myself and 3 dependents.

Anyone on this plan who can give me a bit of feedback? Happy with it or not?