Yolande de Villiers sanctioned for anti-doping rule violation

News bot

"11 months period of ineligibility" 

ban1

ban/
verb

1. 1.
    officially or legally prohibit (something).
    "parking is banned around the harbour in summer"
    synonyms: prohibitforbidvetoproscribedisallowoutlaw, make illegal,embargo, place an embargo on, bardebarblockstop, put a stop to,put an end to, suppressinterdict;  
noun

1. 1.
    an official or legal prohibition.
    "a proposed ban on cigarette advertising"
    synonyms: prohibitionvetoproscriptionembargobarsuppressionstoppage,interdict, interdiction, moratoriuminjunction
    "a total ban on smoking"

You are aware that she competed though that period, including SA Champs which she won? Which brings me back to my question what ban?  

Edited by jcza

• Replies 687
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Plenty of judges here. Tell me honestly how many of you check the medication that your using against the WADA banned list? You will be surprised how many of your medication actually contain banned substances. How many of you use high blood pressure medication and those that do have you applied for TUE? If not your a doper just like the rest of the people caught. You may not be competing for a podium but doper you are none the less. 

I'm to scared to get banned so I check alles. Even had my doc change the injection he wanted to give me for a sore shoulder (rotor cuff)

edit: and alcohol is only prohibited IN competition so whatever they find will be from carbo loading

Edited by fanievb

True, thats why the mechanical doping case is interesting as its the first time its happened, time to set a precedent. 

If a lifetime ban is handed out in that case I highly doubt people would consider mechanical doping. 

Exactly. I just don't see any other way of trying to cleanse sport of this nonsense.

True, thats why the mechanical doping case is interesting as its the first time its happened, time to set a precedent. 

If a lifetime ban is handed out in that case I highly doubt people would consider mechanical doping. 

Some people will always try to cheat. People who cheat do not expect to get caught so the punishment does not dissuade.

fair enough, but again, should the athlete operating on that level not confirm/double check?

Not speaking in favour of any athlete....hulle is vuil bliksems in elkgeval....and I know that being ignorant it's not  case of defense....but what if they just simply trust the doctor or their manager...and how clued up are these medical professionals really on what the UCI have decided is banned even when the athlete informs them...as for the athletes...how diligent are they really...most of us if we were to be brutally honest will admit that no matter what we do we don't always sit with a fine tooth comb and nitpick everything before we act on it....

It's lekker to sit here on The Hub and play groot meneer....lekker grootbek opinions (not referring to you just because I quoted you) yet at home things are not all that perfect either...as I said earlier...every single person sitting here saying that they have no sympathy doing events with a license...temporary or yearly.....need to take a look at themselves and be honest that when they are ill and see the doctor to they simply just take what was described...or simply just take the docs word for it....as much as these pro's need to take responsibility....so should all of us and that includes the moral high horse cowboys.....ROLL ON FRIDAY....

and that my friend is the question we would like answered by CSA 

I now see what you mean, apologies. 

It seems what was said and what has happened are too very different things. 

I think someone should just tweet the Epic and ask if Yolande will be allowed to compete? 

Hey listen seeing as we are on the subject. . At what age do teens have to apply for TUE's?

I have an asthmatic son..he is now in high school and he hasn't needed to take the chronic meds in a long time but when winter cones round and he gets chesty he sometimes has to use his pump?

you can check his meds here, if its on the list you need a TUE

http://www.drugfreesport.org.za/online-medication-check/ 

One can only imagine how many positives would come up if SAIDS had the budget and resources to test with the necessary frequency to stamp this out. It is difficult to side with those athletes who declare themselves to be drug-free, only to find out they are tested positive. My sympathy lies with those who use their god-given talents alone to take themselves to the top of their respective sports. They may never get there in a drug-fueled society. 

There could be a particularly useful strategy to aid the fair-play athletes. Any sanctioned athlete should be required to pay a substantial fine to SAIDS, the proceeds of which should be used to improve testing. The sanction alone is not sufficient. 

Not speaking in favour of any athlete....hulle is vuil bliksems in elkgeval....and I know that being ignorant it's not  case of defense....but what if they just simply trust the doctor or their manager...and how clued up are these medical professionals really on what the UCI have decided is banned even when the athlete informs them...as for the athletes...how diligent are they really...most of us if we were to be brutally honest will admit that no matter what we do we don't always sit with a fine tooth comb and nitpick everything before we act on it....

It's lekker to sit here on The Hub and play groot meneer....lekker grootbek opinions (not referring to you just because I quoted you) yet at home things are not all that perfect either...as I said earlier...every single person sitting here saying that they have no sympathy doing events with a license...temporary or yearly.....need to take a look at themselves and be honest that when they are ill and see the doctor to they simply just take what was described...or simply just take the docs word for it....as much as these pro's need to take responsibility....so should all of us and that includes the moral high horse cowboys.....ROLL ON FRIDAY....

easy enough to confirm the status of your meds. http://www.drugfreesport.org.za/online-medication-check/

but I get where you are coming from  :thumbup:

Easy enough to confirm....but we still have no idea what we are being given...especially when the medical professionals can't clarify exactly what all the ingredients are......

They should be able to, shouldn't they.

nah its a hobby not my job....see what i am doing