Yolande de Villiers sanctioned for anti-doping rule violation

News bot

Lets see how they animal farm this one......

Don't drop the ball KV.....

Wait, we haven't had a thread about rumours that KV's selling the Epic for a while as we usually do... 

Maybe he's keen to flog it because, well, you know, cyclists and dope and all that negative stuff...

• Replies 687
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You mean the Controversial tue for corticosteroids during the tour of romandie?

And therein lies the rub. Froome being a high profile rider gets a TUE during an event. In SA riders apply and days later nothing....

Are professionals supposed to ignore sponsorship obligations while they wait for bureaucratic bungling to delay what should be a simple process. If local riders are getting caught out by bureaucracy then is it fair to label them cheats?

Well the Epic had a rule against rogue riders. If you are caught riding over private property, no more epic for you. Then Sauser was caught on Lourensford, a huge hoohah was made about it, the epic back pedalled on their rule, and Suzy went on to win again. Zero credibility left.

The name grandstand management is appropriate

the thing i concluded out of all these doper stories is that cycling is actually bad for your health, "pros" who do this whole bicycle riding thing properly unlike me a useless weekend warrior are the most at risk and suffer the most. just warning you guys maybe consider some other safer sport.

And therein lies the rub. Froome being a high profile rider gets a TUE during an event. In SA riders apply and days later nothing....

Are professionals supposed to ignore sponsorship obligations while they wait for bureaucratic bungling to delay what should be a simple process. If local riders are getting caught out by bureaucracy then is it fair to label them cheats?

It's not excusing anything, but I agree with your sentiment. SAIDS don't exactly come across the most efficient nor trustworthy organisation. 

Yes...they are. Its the process. Using sponsorship obligations is a cop out, a very convenient one. They must inform their sponsors of the medical issue and the protocol involved. 

It's not excusing anything, but I agree with your sentiment. SAIDS don't exactly come across the most efficient nor trustworthy organisation.

For all we know they only tested those 3 samples in January of this year..

What was the masking agent they found in Impey's sample again.. I forgot?

Interesting...

My initial reaction - another doper.. great that she got busted!!

But

Coincidentally I watched the Namib Quest MTB race last night that I PVRed a while back.  They had an interview with Yolande.  Mother of 3 kinds - that are out of school already, so she's probably my age (40+).  Oudtshoorn resident, racing for Sasol ladies, but not a pro. 

She struck me as a Klein Karoo soul that enjoys cycling - down to earth, no chip on her shoulder, etc, etc, etc.

We'll probably never know all the true facts on this case, but up until all the facts surface, I will not carry a pitch fork.

I just have another feeling on this one.

Edited by Underachiever

At least he got his before racing. If he raced without one, well bye bye Mr RuleBreaker

Sure about that?

So many stories and so many keyboard judges.  hehehehhehe.

Not one of the stories here correlates with what I heard.

But that is not for me to tell.

But what I can say is that this one I won't judge on this one.  The story that I heard is a case of "it could have happened to any us" type thing.  It if is true. 

The big problem is, people lie.  And no one knows what or who to believe.

So.........2 names down..

1 to go? 

from wikipedia

Hydrochlorothiazide was detected in the urine of the Russian cyclist Alexandr Kolobnev during the 2011 Tour de France.[14] Kolobnev was the only cyclist to leave the 2011 race in connection with adverse findings at a doping control.[15] While hydrochlorothiazide is not itself a performance-enhancing drug, it may be used to mask the use of performance-enhancing drugs, and is classed by the World Anti-Doping Agency as a "specified substance". Kolobnev was subsequently cleared of all charges of intentional doping.[16][17]

So many stories and so many keyboard judges.  hehehehhehe.

Not one of the stories here correlates with what I heard.

But that is not for me to tell.

But what I can say is that this one I won't judge on this one.  The story that I heard is a case of "it could have happened to any us" type thing.  It if is true. 

So.........2 down..

1 to go? 

ja dit help nou net mooi niks.