Yolande de Villiers sanctioned for anti-doping rule violation

News bot

• Replies 687
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not naive actually. Why are you reading this thread? Are you thinking "Wow Yolande is a doper" ...............but you might be one as well? 

I don't care what medicine your using or why your using it but if you want to really be fair to those around you then you should be either checking your meds or get the doctor to check it and apply for a TUE or change your stance regarding doping and say it's ok to dope.

Sometimes is takes me long to say what I want to say....then someone puts it all in to a nutshell... :thumbup:

Although your intent is good, its just impractical and a bit unrealistic. Imagine the race fees if everyone needs to be tested...they have a tough time catching just the elite pro's. The focus should be on them

It's not about everyone getting tested....read the post from HennieVR...

Exactly so you go through the hassle to check your meds and play fair. So how do you feel about the guy in front of you who might have taken an Advil for a snotty nose the morning of the race beating you? You might think ah but I finished 100th so no big deal but still that person has doped. There might be 90 other people in front of you that's also taken something on the banned list.

The playing field should be level. Rules are rules and we all have to play accordingly no matter if we are pro or weekend warrior.

Was going to ask this question,  but from a slightly different point of view. ..

Did the Epic a few years ago, and got myself a very decent cold by the Wednesday. . Was given panado by the medics to bring down the fever. On the Thursday at the waterpoint medic tents I was given Advil. 

So the question is what is the legality of this? If I had been tested would I have been banned?

And no, it didn't help my performance as we came 515th out of 520 something finishers!

Tom

OK so the thread has actually run it's course once the hubbers start fighting among each other .... doubt we'll see anything more of interest  ^_^

Waar bly jy ?

OK so the thread has actually run it's course once the hubbers start fighting among each other .... doubt we'll see anything more of interest  ^_^

I wonder if Admin has stats on how many replies it takes before a thread reaches the point of no return and "that" moment when you know its no longer worth reading?

It's not about everyone getting tested....read the post from HennieVR...

Without testing / policing everybody its a bit of a pipe dream don't you think, making it fair across all participants in a race.  

Again focus where the issue is....the pro's 

The thing that bugs me about all these doping cases is how we, the consumers (who are the reason that sponsors exist) and fans (who are the reason why sports and sports administration bodies exist) get starved of information. We get fed impoverished versions of the story from both sides: the guilty parties and the entities doing the enforcement. They tell us virtually nothing. So we're left to make up our own minds in the field of public discourse. We deserve better.

Nee....jy bly stil....dis Vrydag..... :clap:  :clap:

off topic, my broer het dit vir sy seuntjie geleer, ek sit nou die dag aan etens tafel toe vra my broer vir sy laaitie, waar bly mamma, toe antwoord hy, mamma bly stil. ekt gedog ek gaan dood gaan van die lag.

Inhalers like Venteze are not controlled btw

Short-acting bronchodilators like 'Venteze' (salbutamol) ARE restricted - 1600 mcg (16 puffs) in one day - and only salbutamol can be used.  Long-acting bronchodilators are acceptable - formoterol ('Foradil') to a maximum of 54 mcg / day and salmeterol ('Serevent') if used according manufacturer's recommendations.  Inhaled corticosteroids are fine but no injected or oral are allowed.

No TUE needed for use of standard asthma treatment - just a declaration of use if tested.

The thing that bugs me about all these doping cases is how we, the consumers (who are the reason that sponsors exist) and fans (who are the reason why sports and sports administration bodies exist) get starved of information. We get fed impoverished versions of the story from both sides: the guilty parties and the entities doing the enforcement. They tell us virtually nothing. So we're left to make up our own minds in the field of public discourse. We deserve better.

has anyone tweeted sasol for their opinion about their connections to doping now?

Without testing / policing everybody its a bit of a pipe dream don't you think, making it fair across all participants in a race.  

Again focus where the issue is....the pro's 

If I have to be honest....someone asks me "what irritates you the most....doping athletes or people with double standards" my answer would be the double standards...it almost sounds like this from some of the responses I have read "They can't dope because they are pro's but I can because I am not"

Heck.....I wouldn't be surprised if we get people doping just to even feature on Strava leader boards.....

off topic, my broer het dit vir sy seuntjie geleer, ek sit nou die dag aan etens tafel toe vra my broer vir sy laaitie, waar bly mamma, toe antwoord hy, mamma bly stil. ekt gedog ek gaan dood gaan van die lag.

Someone did that to me the other day....I also laughed MGA.....now I use it whenever I see a gap.... :clap: