Yolande de Villiers sanctioned for anti-doping rule violation

News bot

Was going to ask this question,  but from a slightly different point of view. ..

Did the Epic a few years ago, and got myself a very decent cold by the Wednesday. . Was given panado by the medics to bring down the fever. On the Thursday at the waterpoint medic tents I was given Advil. 

So the question is what is the legality of this? If I had been tested would I have been banned?

And no, it didn't help my performance as we came 515th out of 520 something finishers!

Tom

Why don't you just admit it Tom you ARE a Doper

• Replies 687
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why don't you just admit it Tom you ARE a Doper

Yip he is... starting a thread about him now. One standard for all cyclists, I don't care if you're an amateur or making a living from the sport...

All you filthy cheats are the same  :devil: 

This is slightly off topic, but maybe a guideline around it. 

There is a list published with prohibited substances which is readily available. 

As an athlete, weekend warrior to superstar, it is your ultimate responsibility to know what goes into it. If you contravene anything on the list or in the rules of the event you could face a sanction. 

If you are caught, you will likely be sanctioned. Intent or lack thereof is not a mitigating circumstance. (in most cases, and certainly not worth relying on)

Some people are unlucky and some intentionally cheat, the rules cannot accommodate for this as it will create loop holes. 

Intent or not, your actions have consequences and the rules are straight forward.

Yip he is... starting a thread about him now. One standard for all cyclists, I don't care if you're an amateur or making a living from the sport...

All you filthy cheats are the same  :devil: 

Love it..... :clap:

Common guys its been made easy enough. Click on the link and put in your medication. It only takes a couple of seconds and you can do it on your phone.

http://www.drugfreesport.org.za/app/

You don't need to know the detailed ingredients of your medication and you don't need a Doctor to help.

One of my pet hates  :cursing:  'common' DOES NOT MEAN THE SAME AS 'come on' FFS!

Easy deterrent for Week end worrior dopers.. Make EVERYONE at an event pee in a cup...

Polystyrene cups are cheap as chips..

White coats with iron-on saids badges....wonder how many DNS's there would be....

Call yourself doper if you like but your scenarios are not the same as doping.

Doping is intent to cheat

Medicating yourself for quality of life or survival is NOT doping no matter how black and white people wish to paint it

Why are the scenarios not the same? It is against the anti-doping rules.

O Grady had to withdraw from a TdF for using a cortizone cream administered by the race doctor during a stage from the medical vehicle after a bee sting. (Lets ignore his much later confession for other infractions) 

As for part two: Medicating for quality of life or survival is not an offence, agreed. Competing at any level in a sanctioned event with prohibited substances is a doping offence. Which is sanctionable if your are caught. 

I use venteze but only like 1 or perhaps 2 dosis a day.would I be banned?

No, just declare that you have used it when they ask you to come and pee in a bottle!

Common guys its been made easy enough. Click on the link and put in your medication. It only takes a couple of seconds and you can do it on your phone.

http://www.drugfreesport.org.za/app/

You don't need to know the detailed ingredients of your medication and you don't need a Doctor to help.

Whoa.

Corenza-C Effervescent Tablets PERMITTED but

Corenza Cold & Flu Syrup PROHIBITED

I did not know that. Unknowingly dodged a bullet. Can proudly say that CTCT Mighty Group 5E is clean for my part

I'm just replying so as to repeat this post... because there are a few people on here that think the Oom shouldn't be allowed to ride his 7hour Cycle Challenge because he is a doper. :D :D :D

The 60 yr old Oom and Brandon Stewart are two peas in a pod

Filthy filthy cheats everywhere :clap:

Ban oom for life... or ten years, whichever comes first.

Ban oom for life... or ten years, whichever comes first.

And claim back all his race packs and free energy samples...

We need to be decisive and stamp out this doping disease in the 7hour autobus club, else how will our Pro's ever learn to ride clean!

The Union Cycliste Internationale (UCI) has alerted the Absa Cape Epic to an adverse analytical finding from a sample provided by rider Yolande De Villiers during the 2015 event. The analytical report was one of three that confirmed the presence of hydrochlorothiazide (a diuretic) in her sample. As a result De Villiers was sanctioned with a period of ineligibility of 11 months from 31 January 2015 – 30 December 2015.

Click here to view the article

The Union Cycliste Internationale (UCI) has alerted the Absa Cape Epic to an adverse analytical finding from a sample provided by rider Yolande De Villiers during the 2015 event. The analytical report was one of three that confirmed the presence of hydrochlorothiazide (a diuretic) in her sample. As a result De Villiers was sanctioned with a period of ineligibility of 11 months from 31 January 2015 – 30 December 2015.

Click here to view the article

Si will she give the extra 30k which 3rd got over 4th to theresa ralph and her partner? #paybackthemoney