Yolande de Villiers sanctioned for anti-doping rule violation

News bot

If I am wrong please correct me.

TUE must be applied prior to race, not during race. 

Application must be submitted to committee for approval. 

• Replies 687
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Plenty of judges here. Tell me honestly how many of you check the medication that your using against the WADA banned list? You will be surprised how many of your medication actually contain banned substances. How many of you use high blood pressure medication and those that do have you applied for TUE? If not your a doper just like the rest of the people caught. You may not be competing for a podium but doper you are none the less. 

Plenty of judges here. Tell me honestly how many of you check the medication that your using against the WADA banned list? You will be surprised how many of your medication actually contain banned substances. How many of you use high blood pressure medication and those that do have you applied for TUE? If not your a doper just like the rest of the people caught. You may not be competing for a podium but doper you are none the less. 

I dont go out there "trying" to compete for a podium, nor do i take money from sponsors and wear their name "with pride" when i am out cycling (<highjack>i would like a sponsor, so anyone willing to sponsor me a w2w ticket for this year give me a pm - unless beer/brandy or puricos for gout counts as banned i should be fine pissing in a cup <jackoff>)

We dont get paid to ride our bikes....

But I do agree, i SAIDS flags me, ask me to pee and busts me for whatever they put in monster energy drink, then yes...I am a doper. It should be that black and white considering the sport's reputation

if you are a "pro" athlete you are supposed to check/double check/tripple check anything you take in?

agreed but often you get to the pharmacy to pick up your meds and they tell you "ooops we'reout of stock on the prescription meds but we have a generic......."

You say " is it the same stuff?" 

They say " Yes its just not made by the same company and its cheaper so its easier on your medical savings"

and therein lies the makings of the next Bikehub Friday Saga

But I do agree, i SAIDS flags me, ask me to pee and busts me for whatever they put in monster energy drink, then yes...I am a doper. It should be that black and white considering the sport's reputation

I don;t think it would be that black and white if you were on the receiving end of someone elses **** up

maybe you onto something here, if history repeats it self, i might have a better chance of getting a sponsorship after i got caught...or maybe a supersport gig  :ph34r:

maybe you onto something here, if history repeats it self, i might have a better chance of getting a sponsorship after i got caught...or maybe a supersport gig  :ph34r:

Why Supersport? There's better networks with more interesting presenters

So many stories and so many keyboard judges.  hehehehhehe.

Not one of the stories here correlates with what I heard.

But that is not for me to tell.

But what I can say is that this one I won't judge on this one.  The story that I heard is a case of "it could have happened to any us" type thing.  It if is true. 

The big problem is, people lie.  And no one knows what or who to believe.

So.........2 names down..

1 to go? 

It can only happen to you if you actually take medication. Wait let me qualify that, or if you eat at the wrong steakhouse. Can't believe the bad luck these top riders have. 

agreed but often you get to the pharmacy to pick up your meds and they tell you "ooops we'reout of stock on the prescription meds but we have a generic......."

You say " is it the same stuff?" 

They say " Yes its just not made by the same company and its cheaper so its easier on your medical savings"

and therein lies the makings of the next Bikehub Friday Saga

again, if its my bread and butter, i would know better, or atleast google the new med/or speak to my doctor or or or

Big difference between an old codger taking his legitimately prescribed medication to ride the Argus safely and finish in 20 593rd position......and taking any drug, even by mistake, that could enhance performance or mask other drugs, when you are sponsored or paid and racing for a win. Big difference, even if the test result might be the same and the sanction might ,rightly, be the same! 

Edited by DJR

again, if its my bread and butter, i would know better, or atleast google the new med/or speak to my doctor or or or

Cheaper medication means a short cut has been taken somewhere, perhaps in the blending plant or packaging plants? Risks of trace contamination higher?

Like I said, you may not be competing for a podium or get paid for cycling but if your still using something that contains a banned substance then your doping end of story. At the end of the day your still competing against other cyclists that may be following the rules and making sure they are not doping. 

1. Check medication against database - yes

2. Race when sick - no

3. Apply for TUE - no (see 2 above) 

4. Sympathy with dopers - no

It can only happen to you if you actually take medication. Wait let me qualify that, or if you eat at the wrong steakhouse. Can't believe the bad luck these top riders have. 

If weekend warriors were tested every week I'm sure they'd have more bad luck too.

AS it stands, statistically a weekend warrior has less chance o getting caught since the only time they are likely to get caught is at a major event and the odds are still in their favour, not the pro's at the sharp end.