Yolande de Villiers sanctioned for anti-doping rule violation

News bot

Ah ffs another one.. so is this a case of anti doping SA finally starting to do a good job or a case of moronic athletes that think they can't be caught

• Replies 687
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 doping violations - Jan, Feb and March 2015. 

Ban 11 months from end Jan to Dec 2015. 

No problem - couple of podiums during the ban. 

New generation is here! 

Pfft. . Doping is supposed to he a guy thing man.. [emoji6]

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

1 men's vets [emoji818]️

2 Elite ladies[emoji818]️

3 Elite Men[emoji818]️

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

1 men's vets [emoji818]️

2 Elite ladies[emoji818]️

3 Elite Men[emoji818]️

Who was the other lady?

Would like to hear what the guys at the Epic have to say about this.Are they going to stick to their guns?What happens to her 2015 result?Can she compete the this year?

Edited by stringbean

Would like to hear what the guys at the Epic have to say about this.Are they going to stick to their guns?What happens to her 2015 result?Can she compete the this year?

Also interested in your question. One exception would render the rule and idea useless.

this is a ban for not following the right process to obtain a TUE

First question - how do you know?

Second question - you seem to imply that she did get the TUE, but that the process was flawed, and if so, what was the flaw?

If her ban is until end of 2015 then what's the point? Sentence supposedly served and away she goes or am I missing something?

Some information from http://www.mayoclinic.org/drugs-supplements/amiloride-and-hydrochlorothiazide-oral-route/description/drg-20071506

"Amiloride and hydrochlorothiazide are both diuretic medicines (water pills). They reduce the amount of water in the body by increasing the flow of urine, which helps lower the blood pressure. Amiloride keeps your body from losing too much potassium when urine flow is increased."

It seems to be used to lose weight? Not one the same level as taking steroids or epo, but still against the rules as per the new prohibited substances list http://static1.squarespace.com/static/53f5fb7ce4b0cab4a7fe8561/t/56a21a45bfe873a45161abb1/1453464136394/20160122_wada-2016-prohibited-list-en.pdf

Edit: thanks Odinson, you mentioned that it could also be a masking agent as you probably pee out any other banned substances quicker.

Edited by andydude