Yolande de Villiers sanctioned for anti-doping rule violation

News bot

• Replies 687
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest notmyname

kkekekekeke...nog een. Let violin music begin....

Here is hoping the epic shows zero tolerance.

Would be quite controversial if they went back on the banning cheats initiative.

If her ban is until end of 2015 then what's the point? Sentence supposedly served and away she goes or am I missing something?

What ban? During the "ban" she podium'd at the Epic, won J2C, podium'd at Sani, won SA Champs etc. 

My thinking is as follows:

Adverse finding at the Epic under auspices of UCI. Process then followed and CSA advised of this. CSA keep all this very quiet as she is competing under a cloud but still sees fit to have her as SA Champ. UCI publishes finding and sanction on website and CSA is now forced to issue a statement, which they have done. 

A new low for CSA (as if they can go any lower).

PS: Hanco please stop racing with known dopers, your tweets have zero credibility. 

Firstly TUE's are a joke. Never heard of one being granted so taking moral high ground "applying for TUE is simple enough" doesn't help anyone as that's a theoretical construct.

There are plenty or people who develop elevated hbp for a while and exercise while medicated to treat the condition. Can't assess the situation without understanding what was being treated. If anything at all

Isn't she a qualified gp/Dr?

Not the same Yolande

(I think it's Yolande du Toit that is the Dr)

Edited by Gen

Does an 11-month sentence sound more like a "you should have known better" than a "you cheated" sentence to anyone?

true true....BUT

No epic, ever again......that one is going to hurt

Firstly TUE's are a joke. Never heard of one being granted so taking moral high ground "applying for TUE is simple enough" doesn't help anyone as that's a theoretical construct.

There are plenty or people who develop elevated hbp for a while and exercise while medicated to treat the condition. Can't assess the situation without understanding what was being treated. If anything at all

Other than Froome of course 

true true....BUT

No epic, ever again......that one is going to hurt

No disputing that! 

I would just like some more info on what actually happened...too much of vagueness. 

uhm, you apply for one and once you have it you can carry on racing with the medication. Seems simple to me.

You don't have to be caught in the act of taking the banned substance/s to be regarded as a doper.

Well the Epic had a rule against rogue riders. If you are caught riding over private property, no more epic for you. Then Sauser was caught on Lourensford, a huge hoohah was made about it, the epic back pedalled on their rule, and Suzy went on to win again. Zero credibility left.

Well the Epic had a rule against rogue riders. If you are caught riding over private property, no more epic for you. Then Sauser was caught on Lourensford, a huge hoohah was made about it, the epic back pedalled on their rule, and Suzy went on to win again. Zero credibility left.

If Suzy gets popped for doping, the Internet will explode...

Lets see how they animal farm this one......

Don't drop the ball KV.....