Cycle Lab bullies need to be addressed

Baracuda

Please note, due to a positive, engaging response from Cycle Lab marshals, I believe this message has been removed from Facebook. If anyone knows how I can delete this thread please let me know.

A friend of mine just posted this on Facebook and I have heard of it elsewhere -

I would just like to warn other cyclists riding in the cradle about the Cycle Lab pelotons. Yesterday was the second time I have been screamed vulgar words at by the front rider of the group and physically pushed off my bike whilst riding to the left of the yellow line, out of the way of passing cyclists. The group will approach a cyclist in front of them, scream at them to move out of the way and then physically push the cyclists out of the way with their hands as they pass. I have also witnessed this same group screaming at cyclists to move at the caves stop whilst they try to pass through. This is completely unacceptable behavior and I would just like to warn others to be aware of this, as at high speeds a fall can result in injury.
There are many different levels of cyclists riding in the cradle, but this gives the Cycle Lab pelotons absolutely no right to behave like this.
We have enough to worry about with vehicles hitting other cyclists on road and now we have to worry about fellow cyclists endangering one another. This is not on.
As one of the leading cycling brands in South Africa this is not the type of behavior I would imagine Cycle Lab are wanting to portray for your brand.

Edited by Baracuda

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A friend of mine just posted this on Facebook and I have heard of it elsewhere -

I would just like to warn other cyclists riding in the cradle about the Cycle Lab pelotons. Yesterday was the second time I have been screamed vulgar words at by the front rider of the group and physically pushed off my bike whilst riding to the left of the yellow line, out of the way of passing cyclists. The group will approach a cyclist in front of them, scream at them to move out of the way and then physically push the cyclists out of the way with their hands as they pass. I have also witnessed this same group screaming at cyclists to move at the caves stop whilst they try to pass through. This is completely unacceptable behavior and I would just like to warn others to be aware of this, as at high speeds a fall can result in injury.

There are many different levels of cyclists riding in the cradle, but this gives the Cycle Lab pelotons absolutely no right to behave like this.

We have enough to worry about with vehicles hitting other cyclists on road and now we have to worry about fellow cyclists endangering one another. This is not on.

As one of the leading cycling brands in South Africa this is not the type of behavior I would imagine Cycle Lab are wanting to portray for your brand.

You must be a Club100 agent!! :P

No, agree, I often see ALL of the larger groups riding like knobheads.

Just ride up to the marshal in the group, they wear yellow, and have a word. I have done so in the past and have been met with apologies and even wintessed them doing something about it.

There is an arrogance amongst riders of a (self) perceived ability that often gets the better of them especially in larger groups. Usually guys and girls who are fast but not quite fast enough, trying to compensate for unmet expectations of grandeous delusions. The really fast/fit (generally) tend not to be as brash, they display a well earned confidence often accompanied by humility....simply put, okes in big groups who reckon they're the manne are gobshites!

There is an arrogance amongst riders of a (self) perceived ability that often gets the better of them especially in larger groups. Usually guys and girls who are fast but not quite fast enough, trying to compensate for unmet expectations of grandeous delusions. The really fast/fit (generally) tend not to be as brash, they display a well earned confidence often accompanied by humility....simply put, okes in big groups who reckon they're the manne are gobshites!

hit-the-nail-on-the-head-english-idioms-

I am a Cyclelab marshall and I can promise you that this is NOT the norm and is certainly NOT condoned or accepted. Unfortunately without additional info, it is difficult to pursue. 

To the OP, if at all possible (and I know that it is hard), please could you advise which group was responsible so that further action can be taken. 

The groups are categorised as A/B, then C1, C2, C3, D1, D2, D3

I am a Cyclelab marshall and I can promise you that this is NOT the norm and is certainly NOT condoned or accepted. Unfortunately without additional info, it is difficult to pursue. 

To the OP, if at all possible (and I know that it is hard), please could you advise which group was responsible so that further action can be taken. 

Must be B....for bully.....

How is he to distinguish between the groups?

Have they got a tracking system on them so that you can see exactly what time which group was where?

OK, OK, I know Strava holds all the answers.

Something happens to the mind and manners when it is in a group with others - also known as group mind.

It somehow renders the individual not responsible or even self-aware of his/her actions

I place full responsibility at the feet or cleats of the ride captain

Can't believe this is actually true

Crazy

I don't like them....joined a group once and the oukies chriped me too much.....stuff like...."this is Cycle Lab not Cycle Flab"

Here's a pic from the early days, just after the Cycle Lab Bicycle Gang was formed...

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-utI52tL0yzw/VOa1nIv24uI/AAAAAAADleQ/s5CdcBehU8c/s1600/10931003_10152709343333160_7177068541587629940_n.jpg

Since then the numbers have grown exponentially, uniforms were instituted, and members with bikes weighing over 7kg were excommunicated.

Perhaps relay where this happened in the cradle - I rode with cycle lab group on Saturday and there was a shout out to a cyclist on our ride by the marshal, but there certainly was no pushing or the likes, and to be fair I am of the opinion the marshal did the right thing because yes, a big group going down can be very dangerous indeed!