Unacceptable behaviour at Sabie half marathon

Subpar68

BTW Springtjie, it looks very much like Jan's bike toss, inadvertent as it was, did make him look f*kn kool. What a legend.

I WISH I looked that cool when I've gone over the bars.

EDIT: I forgot to add my thanks to the original poster, without this topic, I may never have seen the coolest over the bars in history.

Edited by Lurch the stalker

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw you throw a bike into a hole at modders you wernt asking if she was ok ;)

*grin* That se were the good old days. When you throwing your leg over a bike again Mr. Dips?

*grin* That se were the good old days. When you throwing your leg over a bike again Mr. Dips?

Rumor has it Dips has already thrown his leg over his bike...secretly

Rumor has it Dips has already thrown his leg over his bike...secretly

Oooooh! I shall keep my eyes peeled here in the faaaar east. I report back on sightings!

Jan is my friend and he did not thrown his bike over,actually his he did the 17 km fun race and he's hands was pins and needles at the end so he couldn't hold his handelbar tight.On the video you can see he tosses he helmet over the fence because his wife was just sitting next to the fence in the vip tent.So please keep your bad comments for your self!!!!

We can only thank our Greate Father he is OK!!!

Everyone here is in agreement that your friend did not throw his bike and that it was merely an unfortunately timed wipeout. All the comments are aimed at the original poster (OP) for his very dramatic rant about a "horrendous" act that never happened.

Your friend is the legend here and we're all happy he's unhurt. We are however curious what he has planned for the finish line if he ever finishes a full marathon because this was fairly spectacular for a 17km event.

The only thing that would make that better, is if it was actually planned. Perfectly executed.

Years back a friend of mine, after his third puncture less than 5km in, proceeded to toss his bike into the bushes on the Babbas Lodge half marathon. He never fetched it and walked back. I guess some days being tasked to clean the route has its perks...

The dismount was amusing, worthy of a slot on the comedy channel.

But the OP is worthy of a slot on the Kardashians. You can't make up that kind of soap opera. Epic rant fail.

Can we ban him now or are there second chances?