Absa Cape Epic 2017 early bird entries gone in 9 seconds

News bot

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This plus the contigent of ex Goeie More Suid Afrikaaaaaa guests add to the allure of this spectacle that we call .................. The ABSA Cape Epic, duh dan dan dan daaaahhhh.

How many okes can now simply call out at their new 'tjomma", hey "Slugger" or "lekker Jono" next time they see these rugby boys at Kingsmead. Shame how many wives have had to hear the following in the last few days. "You know babes, these exbokke are actually just like me and the ouens, lekker okes, could be one of my chinas, skim I should give Gary a call and tune him to come for a braai during one of the T20s".

The only celebs that I would like to see doing the Epic is Riaan Cruywagen and Julius Malema and they must be on the same team.

I also get P#$%d of at has -been rugby players getting entries and free-bee,s from so called charities then make every day,s cutoff by 1 min and then their faces are spluttered on media for the whole week .Who gives a F$%^ .These so called charities are paying them to ride for free and what do they get out of it ??? .At least there are guys like Joel Stransky that i will also sponsor ,for he takes nothing for granted .There is so much more to this event that we don,t see because they focus to much on has-been celebs ,absa employees and front end of the race 

Riaan Manser riding for @Columbia_RSA, when is that dude going to get a REAL job? He was also in the Inside #8DaysOfCourage Chat Show, yawned through it. Will grate my nuts if I see him on Super Cycling.

Edited by nathrix ® ©™

Ok, the two okes that did their amazing trans-afrika rides - yes I grant you that was amazing - albeit a very personal exploit.

But giving them Epic entries is akin to giving virgin active's best spin instructor a ticket - relevance for a flat-out mtb race??? The sponsorship manager should do some explaining.

On the other hand to see where Sipho finished or some of the other Exxaro riders - now that could do with some more coverage.

Those guys raced.

I have lost all interest in the epic hype. Every second rider is now an amabubesi. I think The Munga is the next big thing, tough as nails. Not in many a riders shoes to finish that beast in 5 days. Would love to see all the amabubesi ABSA VIP guests and all the celebs tackle The Munga and finish it. There's no pampering or hype, it's just pedal pedal pedal to get to the finish pappie!

Riaan Manser riding for @Columbia_RSA, when is that dude going to get a REAL job? He was also in the Inside #8DaysOfCourage Chat Show, yawned through it. Will grate my nuts if I see him on Super Cycling.

I think he has a cool job

Guest notmyname

I think the bitterness (as you put it) stems from lack of deserving the entry. Most of these "celebs" can afford the entry. Why not donate to deserving youngsters that are still at the stage of their lives where the entry could lead to great opportunity. The has beens are just that.. They've been. I say support the "still to be's" crumbs Riaan, Joel bla bla bla ain't going to add to the sport....

Gugu zulu does a great job for cycling. So keep him in there. Oh, he's a nice bloke. Had a few random chats with him at NF rolling with the Diepsloot laaities.

Lots of bitterness here. If someone offered you a free entry and a free bike, I am sure all you folk would turn it down because you were undeserving. Me, I would take it and say thanks.

Give the entry and bike to a motivated youngster. I also prefer not being dictated on what I do with my gps tracking device data.

Donate/invest in cycling at school level instead of offering free entries to pamper celebs or wealthy clients.

Don't disagree on the principle, but the reality is that the epic is a business as is ABSA. What they fee they need to do with their marketing budget is for them to decide. If we don't agree, we don't have to buy their products. However, if you decided not to support a large company in SA because they sponsored the wrong people or events, you might have to go and live in a cave.

We would all like to see deserving people sponsored rather than celebs (by the way, saying Joel is famous for one lucky kick is a bit rich), but that is unfortunately not the way business works, rightly or wrongly.

Edited by Wahoofish

All the bitter warriors, start your own stage race and charge what you want, give profits to who you want, and hand out freebies to who you feel deserve them. 

Pointless complaining about something you have zero control over.

Jinne manne.

Yussis, you okes must be at work or something to make you all so farking GRUMPY this morning.

It's too commercial, it's all hype, it goes round in circles, it's expensive, it's not the TdeF...but most of us have it on our bucket lists, even if we won't admit it.

There are 1,000+ stage races to choose from in SA alone...you pays your money etc.etc.