Did one after maybe 20 sessions. usually 45 min to 1hr sessions

Now the Kickr is a different animal. 180w feels like 220w before

Does the calibration go off so much?

Kickr 3 owner here.

How often you guys do a spindown?

It's recommended to perform a spin down after each workout, and especially after you have transported the machine and did a new setup. 

I have a Kickr 4, and do spindowns once week

It's recommended to perform a spin down after each workout, and especially after you have transported the machine and did a new setup. 

I have a Kickr 4, and do spindowns once week

and a factory spindown every month or so.

Kickr 3 owner here.

How often you guys do a spindown?

I haven't really had the calibration go off by that much.  Maybe 5 to 10 watts.  I use my powertap pedals for the power output and the kickr as the "controllable trainer".  the powertap pedals get a zero offset done before every ride.

Edited by billygoat0523

imo, almost pointless.

by the time you get to you start chute, you will be cold again. but also depends how you body reacts, I for 1 cant do the start/stop thing even on training rides. Once my legs cool down, its time to call it quits.

off topic...  but this cooling down thing happened to me at the Knysna MTB on the weekend.  My riding partner and I stopped to help out someone who had a puncture.  It took us 20 minutes to get moving again and when we hit the next climb it felt horrible.

what does this mean?

Spindown is the calibration for the kickr done in Trainer road or using the Wahoo App

I would assume that a factory spindown would be done using the Wahoo App..

If so, I'd suggest not having any other apps such as Zwift/Trainer Road etc open when doing this as I've found that it's caused problems.

I would assume that a factory spindown would be done using the Wahoo App..

If so, I'd suggest not having any other apps such as Zwift/Trainer Road etc open when doing this as I've found that it's caused problems.

"Wahoo utility" App is better, you can go directly to the factory spin-down.

• 10 months later...

Good Morning Hubbers.

Has anyone performed the upgrade of the Gen 2 Kicker to the silent type as advertised in the following link.

https://bikehub.co.za/classifieds/item/indoor-trainers-and-accessories/2423/upgrade-your-gen-1-2-or-3-to-the-silent-type

Does it work as envisaged? were you happy with the upgrade? Any feedback would be greatful.

Kind regards

Frederick

So I have changed from a Gen 1 to a Gen 4. The difference is that instead of having teeth on the belt and pulley they have changed the grooved belt that runs the circumference of the belt with the corresponding pulley. 

There is a marked improvement in terms of noise levels.

Morning Kickr Owners - I have a Kickr Core arriving next week - can anyone give an indication of how long the power cord is included with the unit? Trying to gauge if I will need a extra extension cable to connect to the nearest plug point... 

Morning Kickr Owners - I have a Kickr Core arriving next week - can anyone give an indication of how long the power cord is included with the unit? Trying to gauge if I will need a extra extension cable to connect to the nearest plug point... 

Dont know the answer you are looking for but the ultimate answer is yes, you need and extension.