Wahoo Kickr Owners

awesme

My box was delivered and unpacked over the weekend. I'm setting it up today.

I'm sure it has been covered, but is it feasible to ride on a 1x MTB with 32 tooth chainring?

Can the Core compensate if I need to do high torque work?

• Replies 538
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure it has been covered, but is it feasible to ride on a 1x MTB with 32 tooth chainring?

Would be like riding your mtb on the road except not on the road but under your roof staring at a screen (in my vast experience)

That gearing will work no problem.

Just picked up my Kickr Core and has two problems right out of the box, it have a large lump on the pulley wheel that shows up under the belt and the pulley wheel makes a scraping sound when it passes under the plastic covers that cover the inner workings of the belt.

I have spoken to the bike shop that I purchased it from and they say they are running skeleton staff and that there is Noone in the warrentee department. I must just wait for things to Get better then they will assist me. Very annoying that relatively premium equipment has issues like this out of the box.

Thats nonsense - A problem out the box ? I would take it back and demand they replace it with a stock unit - If they have no stock then demand your money back. Its BS that the shop sells you a defective product and then tells you to wait for the manufacturer to react, irrespective of the current situation

Would be like riding your mtb on the road except not on the road but under your roof staring at a screen (in my vast experience)

I am very disappointed in your earlier review of the unboxing, setting up and test driving of you Core.

You singularly failed to mention that none of the supplied kettle cords is fitted with a usable plug.

In the absence of a suitable adapter I was stymied before I could even boot it up.

Do better next time,

Thats nonsense - A problem out the box ? I would take it back and demand they replace it with a stock unit - If they have no stock then demand your money back. Its BS that the shop sells you a defective product and then tells you to wait for the manufacturer to react, irrespective of the current situation

Hello, 

Warrantee issues are being addressed as a matter of urgency and our team has worked over the weekend to ensure we work through the backlog of requests. 

Out of box issues and replacements take priority and will be addressed latest this week. Please DM me if you do not see movement and I will prioritise where I can. 

We are not servicing any Wahoo Trainers until level 3 in line with the government guidelines on servicing products. Any replacement part or consumable will still be available to ship however. 

Your local Wahooligan 

Christian 

I am very disappointed in your earlier review of the unboxing, setting up and test driving of you Core.

You singularly failed to mention that none of the supplied kettle cords is fitted with a usable plug.

In the absence of a suitable adapter I was stymied before I could even boot it up.

Do better next time,

ahh this is pure entertainment

I should have mentioned that it doesn't work quietly with campy, you need 76 new apps to operate it, it comes with 45 cords but none that work out the box and at the end of the day you are still riding your bicycle inside your house

An yes, I know for the athletes it's a great tool

for me its like non alcoholic beer

ahh this is pure entertainment

I should have mentioned that it doesn't work quietly with campy, you need 76 new apps to operate it, it comes with 45 cords but none that work out the box and at the end of the day you are still riding your bicycle inside your house

An yes, I know for the athletes it's a great tool

for me its like non alcoholic beer

It's like they know that Colnago's should not be used indoors...

Hi all kickr owners!

Will any expert with these trainers please inbox me your contact number so I can have a chat regarding MTB setup on Kickr Snap or Kickr Core.

Don't want advice from bike shop sales people, I need some proper advice please.

Best Regards

Hi all kickr owners!

Will any expert with these trainers please inbox me your contact number so I can have a chat regarding MTB setup on Kickr Snap or Kickr Core.

Don't want advice from bike shop sales people, I need some proper advice please.

Best Regards

Hi Riaan, I recently got my kickr core. It came with thru axle adapters so think it’ll work fine for my mtb. Still have to test fit my mtb on it, will probably get to it this weekend. Let me know if you have any specific questions and I’ll see if I can help.

Hello, 

Warrantee issues are being addressed as a matter of urgency and our team has worked over the weekend to ensure we work through the backlog of requests. 

Out of box issues and replacements take priority and will be addressed latest this week. Please DM me if you do not see movement and I will prioritise where I can. 

We are not servicing any Wahoo Trainers until level 3 in line with the government guidelines on servicing products. Any replacement part or consumable will still be available to ship however. 

Your local Wahooligan 

Christian 

so I am not one for public displays of affection perse but in this instance I do feel the need to congratulate Ikhmabi (distributor of Wahoo) for the excellent way in which they have dealt with my various issues over the past.

It is no secret that the 2018 version of the Kickr had a few issues.  Whenever an issue arose with mine Sean from Ikhambi was responsive and never once queried the cause and accepted the unit was faulty.

In April at at during the lockdown I experienced an issue with my Kickr and sent Sean a video of the problem. He diagnosed the problem immediately and said they would replace my unit as soon as they were able to return to operation. 

True to form I got an email from Sean last week and collected (my choice) my replacement unit yesterday.

I am a big fan of the Wahoo products and with the backup service I have received from Sean at Ikhambi I would be happy to continue with their products in the future.

so I am not one for public displays of affection perse but in this instance I do feel the need to congratulate Ikhmabi (distributor of Wahoo) for the excellent way in which they have dealt with my various issues over the past.

It is no secret that the 2018 version of the Kickr had a few issues.  Whenever an issue arose with mine Sean from Ikhambi was responsive and never once queried the cause and accepted the unit was faulty.

In April at at during the lockdown I experienced an issue with my Kickr and sent Sean a video of the problem. He diagnosed the problem immediately and said they would replace my unit as soon as they were able to return to operation. 

True to form I got an email from Sean last week and collected (my choice) my replacement unit yesterday.

I am a big fan of the Wahoo products and with the backup service I have received from Sean at Ikhambi I would be happy to continue with their products in the future.

Did you buy direct from them? I wish I knew this place existed, I see they have Aftershokz too.

My kickr has been in cyclelab for a week and apparently will still do so for another week until its even picked up to be looked at. So who knows how long it'll take till I get a replacement. Considering it worked for 2 weeks of the 9 I've owned it, you can say I'm pretty bleak with the lockdown timing firstly, and the slowness with backlog etc now.

Hi all kickr owners!

Best Regards

Riaan in short you have three, uhm sorry, four options :

1) Dumb trainer - wheel on roller - NOISY !!!  And very boring ....

2) Smart trainer - wheel on roller, ie the "Snap" - NOISY !!!   DEAFENING with MTB tires on that roller !!!  Friend has a Snap that he uses with his road bike .... still noisy, but bearable.  It is slower to react than a direct mount unit .... not easy to explain, but you will soon experience it,  Basically you get out the saddle and put down some watts for a sprint, with the wheel-on-roller unit there is a distinct lagg before the software realise that you are now working.  Another niggle with these units is getting the pressure of the roller onto the wheel sorted ... You get slippage when the pressure is not enough, and too much is not good either .....

3) "Core" - Which is what I have.  Now you have "all" the benefits of proper indoor trainer,,, at least thats how you justify the purchase to the minister of finances.  In actual fact you now need another cassette for the trainer, ideally similar to that on your bike, so that the derailure works on the trainer and when you put your wheel back .... which is the other issue with these trainers .... fun taking out the wheel, putting is safely to one side, attach the bike to the trainer, without bumping the derailure ... that is after to washed your bike since the last muddy ride .... I bought a second hand road bike and mounted it permanently in the trainer.  BUT, now you have a bulky thing standing in the room, permanently taking up space ... so for many this is not a long term option.

4) Kickr 4 - everything of "3" above, PLUS .... it comes with a cassette (but I do believe it may be a road cassette... so check out that bit of detail) .... This unit has two main advantages though .... It packs away much smaller and much easier than the Core.  Apparently it can handle much higher power ... as if I am ever going to get there ....  :whistling:

OUCH !!! I just looked at the new prices  :eek:   :cursing:   I was going to say, buy the Core and get done with it ..... then again, having owned a wheel-on-roller trainer .... BUY THE CORE AND GET DONE WITH IT  :thumbup:

All things considered .... I still prefer riding outside, AND I do consider my Core my best ever cycling purchase !!  :thumbup:   :clap:

EDIT - most wheel-on-trainers where made for road bikes, and it often is a tight fit to get a 29'' MTB tire to fit these units .... so if you go this route, first make very sure your bike will fit in the unit.

Edited by ChrisF

Did you buy direct from them? I wish I knew this place existed, I see they have Aftershokz too.

My kickr has been in cyclelab for a week and apparently will still do so for another week until its even picked up to be looked at. So who knows how long it'll take till I get a replacement. Considering it worked for 2 weeks of the 9 I've owned it, you can say I'm pretty bleak with the lockdown timing firstly, and the slowness with backlog etc now.

Hi

No I didn't. They are the distributer.

Hi

No I didn't. They are the distributer.

But how did you deal with them directly afterwards, and not through the shop you purchased it?

(maybe thats not even a real question and I've just learned something...)