Wahoo Kickr Owners

awesme

Good morning,

Has anyone purchased the Wahoo products through Sportsman's Warehouse with Vitality rewards depending on your individual % you get back ?

I qualify for 50% back, and I am rather keen to confirm that on a spend of 18k, I will over time with Vitality be able to recover 9k with the reward system at 50%.

Thanks in advance for any confirmation.

Cheers

Curbie 

• Replies 538
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good morning,

Has anyone purchased the Wahoo products through Sportsman's Warehouse with Vitality rewards depending on your individual % you get back ?

I qualify for 50% back, and I am rather keen to confirm that on a spend of 18k, I will over time with Vitality be able to recover 9k with the reward system at 50%.

Cheers

Curbie 

Unfortaunately there is a spend limit of R2000 per month, so the max you will get back is R1000.

Souce : http://www.hr.uct.ac.za/sites/default/files/image_tool/images/236/remuneration/healthcare/discovery/HealthyGear.pdf

and if anything like what discovered when I wanted to buy my watch,... you pay full price now... and after a "period" if you did jump through all the discovery hoops, tick boxes etc then you get $$$ back.

G

Good morning,

Cheers

Curbie 

Good morning,

Cheers

Curbie

I purchased the Snap (R10K) in May and got R1200 cashback few days ago.

I think the max spend is R4000 that qualifies for cashback. I get 30% from Sportsmans, so was thus expecting expecting about R1300. Anyway, not complaining.

You should expect R2000 back.

Edited by PowerB

Their iPhone/iPad app just shows the analytics/results.

The only way to control the Wahoo Kickr is via their Android app...

Back to Trainerroad.

Works on iPhone and iPad for the wife and iPhone and MAC for me.

G

You'll need the Wahoo app for either iPhone or Android, but that's just for Kickr calibration/software upgrades. Both seem to work fine, and we have a new Kickr and one that is a few years old.

You shouldn't need an ANT+ stick for the kickr (you might need one for a cadence sensor or some HRMs). You can use bluetooth on most devices to connect to the device (Android/iPhone/iPad or laptop).

You'll need Trainerroad/Zwift/Rouvy/etc. to give you routes or workouts to ride. Different experiences/different preferences here.

You want something like Zwift, Trainneroad 

:whistling:  heheh you don't say ;)

G

You'll need the Wahoo app for either iPhone or Android, but that's just for Kickr calibration/software upgrades. Both seem to work fine, and we have a new Kickr and one that is a few years old.

You shouldn't need an ANT+ stick for the kickr (you might need one for a cadence sensor or some HRMs). You can use bluetooth on most devices to connect to the device (Android/iPhone/iPad or laptop).

You'll need Trainerroad/Zwift/Rouvy/etc. to give you routes or workouts to ride. Different experiences/different preferences here.

You want something like Zwift, Trainneroad 

Good morning,

Cheers

Curbie 

From the Healthy Gear Document pg 5:

"When both the principal member and spouse on the Vitality Health programme have a qualifying Discovery Card and use it to pay for HealthyGear purchases, you will earn your boosted Vitality HealthyGear cash back with Discovery Bank on a maximum of R4 000 per month that you spend on HealthyGear items."

https://www.discovery.co.za/discovery_coza/web/linked_content/pdfs/vitality/bank/healthygear_vitality_and_bank.pdf

Edited by slickjay007

So what is the service interval on a kickr 3?

Mine is 2.5 yrs old. It's the usual noisy one at high cadence. But I do have a delay when using erg mode when jumping from say 135w to 250 or 300 or more. There can be up to about 8 sec delay till it sets to the new power.

I regularly do a spindown

Do I need to send it in for service/repairs/upgrade?

So what is the service interval on a kickr 3?

Mine is 2.5 yrs old. It's the usual noisy one at high cadence. But I do have a delay when using erg mode when jumping from say 135w to 250 or 300 or more. There can be up to about 8 sec delay till it sets to the new power.

I regularly do a spindown

Do I need to send it in for service/repairs/upgrade?

Hey FIROZFX, 

No need to service  the unit unless you get a crazy sound or the product simply stops working. 

Cheers!

Your local Wahooligan 

I purchased the Snap (R10K) in May and got R1200 cashback few days ago.

I think the max spend is R4000 that qualifies for cashback. I get 30% from Sportsmans, so was thus expecting expecting about R1300. Anyway, not complaining.

You should expect R2000 back.

Sounds right. I had same query with Vitality. Family spend capped at R4000 in one month x 30% = R1200. So for R18000 spend, you will still get max R1200 back (R4000 capped x 30%).

I am sure it has been asked, but how do I link windows 10 Laptop to Core via Bluetooth ?

When I try to link, it sees the Kickr but when I try to connect  it fails to do so.

I am sure it has been asked, but how do I link windows 10 Laptop to Core via Bluetooth ?

When I try to link, it sees the Kickr but when I try to connect  it fails to do so.

Ant+ dongle solve all these problems ...

sure there must be another way, but time and again "issues" dissapear as soon as an Ant+ dongle is used.

Windows 10 and Bluetooth are not friends with each other.  It is a hit and miss situation.  

For Zwift, try pairing via Companion ...

1. Start Companion 1st (ensure that bluetooth is enabled, and that all other apps are closed and not just minimized)
  2. Then start Zwift on Laptop
  3. On the pairing screen, top right corner is a gear symbol, select the gear and you'll then have the option to select how Zwift needs to connect to the devices.  Select the connect via companion option

Good luck ... 

Edited by agilwolf