Name and shame the litterbugs

Pall Catt

So a few years back I got a sample, for the life of me I can't remember the name, it was a south african brand. It also came in a little bottle like this and TBH it was the worst idea ever. squeezing the little bottle while racing was not easy and I ended up only getting half the gel out and wasting a lot. I did see them on the shelves on bike shops but I was never going to waste my money on that stuff.

I have also seen USN stuff in a toothpaste tube before. Similar concept.

I tried those to , cheap finicky bottle and tasted *** ;-)  , these are robust and reusable , easier than a Gel sachet for me. not tab no wrapper etc  

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hammer nutrition provides a little bottle with their bottled gels - which I find really convenient and usable and the gels seem to give me a nice little boost.... all placebo I'm sure.

I also use dates with no wrapper and on ultra long rides - boiled salty baby spuds. Which no matter how grubby they are when I take them out my pocket really are life savers.

On my first half marathon I did I tried to stow the half used gel sachet and tab under my short's belt. They went south and I ended up with paper cuts to a delicate area and a moerse sticky mess.

I have also done plenty of events with a top-tube bag. Very convenient :thumbup: .

Don't mind the comments, people just like to be "clever". It is your day out, whatever makes it easier for you is good in my books.

I bought a top tube bag just for 947 so my sunblock was in easy reach. I also put my phone in it which was great so I happily rode under all the water sprays and wasnt worried about it getting wet as normally it's in my back pocket.

It's very handy, going to keep it on.

I bought a top tube bag just for 947 so my sunblock was in easy reach. I also put my phone in it which was great so I happily rode under all the water sprays and wasnt worried about it getting wet as normally it's in my back pocket.

It's very handy, going to keep it on.

They still make phones that aren't at the very least splash proof?  :eek:

I just put my phone in a ziplock type bag. I have some that are almost the same size as my phone, That way even if I get caught in the rain it's dry. My toppie has one of those pocpac things but they a lot more expensive than a ziplock bag.

So a few years back I got a sample, for the life of me I can't remember the name, it was a south african brand. It also came in a little bottle like this and TBH it was the worst idea ever. squeezing the little bottle while racing was not easy and I ended up only getting half the gel out and wasting a lot. I did see them on the shelves on bike shops but I was never going to waste my money on that stuff.

I have also seen USN stuff in a toothpaste tube before. Similar concept.

Those USN tubes were my favourite, could use them throughout a ride with minimal fuss and no mess/litter. I'm sorry they discontinued them.

Currently use the PowerBar gels, still a sachet so they have to be used in one go. Do like the pull tab though, has a seperate string type cutaway that keeps it attached to the packaging.

c-252Fa-252F1-252F1-252Fca1163df72bc20b1

Edited by danger dassie

They still make phones that aren't at the very least splash proof?  :eek:

It has a numerical dial and a very very  very long cable  :P

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

To the rider on Koeberg road this morning just before 09:00

1. The law states that if there is a cycling lane you HAVE to use it.

2. I saw you look back for and then chuck a gel down. 

That plastic packet is what polutes our waters, kills animals etc.

The car in front of me stopped and looked like the was turning around, I hope that guy gave you an earfull