Show your....Bike store room

BlackSnow

I'm to embarrassed to post pics of mine...one word: chaotic

Anyway a tidy bike room is a sign of a crazy mind.....

You are 100% on the money there. I am loosing my mind because bike upgrades are way to expensive and I can't feed the ever growing addiction to add bling :ph34r:

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No Matter what day of the week the man Cave will always look like this by the end of the night!!!

First pick is how it started out and finished after a couple of weeks work! Paid for my wedding from that little room:)

That is far to neat :whistling:

Have the same Niner Jet 9, and AMC race wheels with a Rebar Race fork, lekker bike !!

Rebar for a fork? Did you heat treat it? Who welded it up for you?

:sorry: :-)

Rebar for a fork? Did you heat treat it? Who welded it up for you?

:sorry: :-)

That's what you get with autocorrect from your phone hahahaha

Ah thanks Gummi. I didn't see that one one. Guess we can delte this thread and continue on the man cave one. :blush:

No...those were man caves.This is bike rooms :P

• 4 weeks later...

No Matter what day of the week the man Cave will always look like this by the end of the night!!!

First pick is how it started out and finished after a couple of weeks work! Paid for my wedding from that little room:)

Ek kon darem help met daai troue. En my bikes was nog nooit so goed gediens nie...

Net jammer jy trou nie weer dat ons daar kan kom service nie :D

Edited by cpelser

• 3 years later...

I figured that I'd revive this and post here, in stead of on the Latest Purchase thread every time I buy more materials and work on the bike shed/garage.

Here's where I'm at so far...

The Bike Wall...

Before:

post-10758-0-46642000-1560718251_thumb.jpg

During:

post-10758-0-15390100-1560718308_thumb.jpg

post-10758-0-97625400-1560718323_thumb.jpg

post-10758-0-99038100-1560718342_thumb.jpg

The current "After":

post-10758-0-04503500-1560718362_thumb.jpg

post-10758-0-81295600-1560718411_thumb.jpg

It's a work in progress. I'm only about half way on linking the wall with ply. Then the plan is to drill some 18mm holes into the ply, insert some 18mm dowel, and organize things like helmets, hydration packs, etc.

I'm a novice builder/DIYer so it's been a big learning curve.

I figured that I'd revive this and post here, in stead of on the Latest Purchase thread every time I buy more materials and work on the bike shed/garage.

Here's where I'm at so far...

The Bike Wall...

Before:

attachicon.gifIMG-20190608-WA0008.jpg

During:

attachicon.gifIMG-20190608-WA0010.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG-20190608-WA0011.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG-20190609-WA0000.jpg

The current "After":

attachicon.gifIMG-20190616-WA0004.jpg

attachicon.gif20190616_195605.jpg

It's a work in progress. I'm only about half way on linking the wall with ply. Then the plan is to drill some 18mm holes into the ply, insert some 18mm dowel, and organize things like helmets, hydration packs, etc.

I'm a novice builder/DIYer so it's been a big learning curve.

Awesome! Where do I find Steadyrack in S.A.?

Awesome! Where do I find Steadyrack in S.A.?

Hmmm, that is a good question...

A quick search showed that there are a few options

• Want it All  - Absolutely ridiculous pricing (so not rally an option). Seriously, over R5000. They must be high!
  • Chain Reaction - Fortunately they sell to SA. CRC doesn't sell them to AU/NZ though, probably because of local distribution etc. But at R934 it's about the right price.

Here in NZ they fluctuate from $70  - $120 (R672 - R1152) depending on who has a sale. I got mine for $80 (R768).

Another few options are the the Topeak Swing-Up, Swing-up EX and Feedback Velo Hinge racks. Similar concept and a cleaner simpler look. The main differences are that they hook the rim as opposed to cradling the tyre, and you cant "roll the bike in" on the back wheel. Some lifting is required. The Velo Hinge also only moves in a single direction.

The Topeak will set you back approx. R1000 in SA.

https://bicyclegarage.co.za/products/topeak-swing-up-bike-holder

Not sure on the Feedback Velo Hinge, but Paragon are the SA distributors.

27196.jpg?2019-06-12%2010:02:01

Topeak Swing Up

I looked at all 3 of those options and I settled on the Steadyrack based on tyre width & rim depth. I wasn't sure of the Topeak or Velo Hinge could accommodate a 30mm rim with 2.4 WT tyres.

Hope that helps!

Looking at these pics above... i ask has anyone had any issues with storing the bikes at this angle...with regards to fluid in the brakes...suspnesion etc...considering the suspension and brakes should be sealed...there shouldnt be a problem.

I do know you cannot store a bike with fluid brakes upside down (hanging form the garage rafters) ...i saw the results on the levers...it wasnt pretty.