Show your....Bike store room

BlackSnow

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I moved my kid to the garage. The bikes moved into his room. Im happy

Do I have to wait until they are teenagers to do it, because after last night I'm thinking of moving my toddler into the dog's bed.

• 2 weeks later...

I did a bit more work on the fun wall last night...

I added anther column of panel, which I pre-drilled (each sheet with 66x 18mm holes) as a sort of oversized peg board.

It was tiring, but came out pretty well, I think.

post-10758-0-30487600-1562100079_thumb.jpg 

I'm halfway across the garage wall now.

post-10758-0-77039000-1562100092_thumb.jpg

post-10758-0-59692100-1562100104_thumb.jpg

The idea. 18mm dowel used as pegs to hand helmets, backpacks, gear, etc.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

With my daughters moving to bigger bikes I need to move them (the bikes that is :) ) out of the garage and into the shed, but this will require a solution along the lines of a steady rack. But there is noway I'm paying R1700 per bike for steady rack, doesnt matter how good it is.

So what alternatives for something similar, basically I need vertical wall mount that I can swivel.

I saw someone on the web that took a non swivel rack and mounted it to a heavy duty hinge. I'm not opposed to that idea, also not opposed to making something myself. Just need some ideas

Google, she's your friend: 

A simple change of materials if needed, designed on a myriad of free software available on the interwebs and away you go. 

If you're handy with metal work, it'll be even easier

2 hours ago, 117 said:

Google, she's your friend: 

A simple change of materials if needed, designed on a myriad of free software available on the interwebs and away you go. 

If you're handy with metal work, it'll be even easier

thanks I'll take a look at this when I have youtube access

My super cheap and ugly solution: A bit of wood attached to the wall with coach screws, then tie down straps screwed into the plank with washers to hold them on. Bikes can swivel a bit on the straps and with the back wheels on the ground it doesn't put too much strain on the whole thing. The downside is you need pretty long arms to attach and detach the bikes. Had this up for a couple of years now with no catastrophic failures yet.

20220203_140051.jpg

Anybody using that bent steel plate bracket that holds onto the pedal ?  (know I saw it on the Hub, darned if I can find a pic of it now)

EDIT - google "Bicycle rack pedal hanger" for photos of these.

Obviously these "swivel brackets" are excellent for multi-bike owners .... for the newbies with a single bike that single bracket may still be an option though ....  will appreciate feedback from people that have used the pedal hanger bracket

Edited by ChrisF

25 minutes ago, ChrisF said:

Anybody using that bent steel plate bracket that holds onto the pedal ?  (know I saw it on the Hub, darned if I can find a pic of it now)

Obviously these "swivel brackets" are excellent for multi-bike owners .... for the newbies with a single bike that single bracket may still be an option though ....  will appreciate feedback from people that have used the pedal hanger bracket

The Willie Honde 

https://www.extremelights.co.za/products/wille-honde-bicycle-wall-mount-bracket-red

28 minutes ago, ChrisF said:

it would make a great feature wall in my workshop/shed, but unfortunately I need to pack them in like sardines and have them easily removable for the girls.

On 6/22/2019 at 4:59 PM, Nakoota said:

post-50555-0-06090600-1561215531_thumb.png

Bikes and cars have to live together... a plan was made.

Theres always the fuji...especially the newest

1 hour ago, ChrisF said:

Me. 6 of my bikes hang on them. Wille honde from Extremelights. Works brilliantly 👌

2 minutes ago, Mongoose! said:

Me. 6 of my bikes hang on them. Wille honde from Extremelights. Works brilliantly 👌

you need to up those numbers.