• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

**Hi-jack ON**

http://niner.co.za/product/rkt-9-rdo-5-star-xtr/

OK - R55K less than the Dale...sorry

**Hi-jack OFF**

***Hi-jack reinstated***

If only Niner would do something to that fugly triangle on their MTB full sus frames.

But still, damn sexy bikes. (Even if some are fugly. The more you look, the hotter they become...)

*** Hi-jack killed***

The new Cannondale frames look much better in appearance. Not like some fong kong rip-off

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

For a litre class motorcycle (lots of similarities, 2 wheels, chain driven, handlebars etc) one pays about R1000/kg. Can go faster than 200km/h

If the top of the range bicycle weight in below 10kg.. it means it will cost about R20 000/kg (Average speed excluding pro riders, 22 - 25km/h)

And you still have to pedal it...

Edited by RocknRolla

Fools and their money are soon parted.

R200k for a bicycle, you have to be a special kind of idiot to pay that.

How do you justify that expense for a bicycle, where like RocknRolla points out a motorbike that can do 200km/h+ is a similar cost.

Theres far more engineering and tech in this than a bicycle.

post-12441-0-71271400-1461935312_thumb.jpg

Maybe Im missing something somewhere, someone please explain the R190k price tag on the bicycle.

Am I correct in that the top of the range does not even have Di2?

I'm looking at XT brakes and mechanical XTR RD and shifter.

Am I correct in that the top of the range does not even have Di2?

I'm looking at XT brakes and mechanical XTR RD and shifter.

The black edition has, the team edition doesnt...well thats how i see it

The top-end bikes (from most of the OEMS) have always been ridiculous especially the past 5 years or so, so yes R200k is stooopid money for a bicycle, but it is sorta irrelevant to me - I don't aspire to own a Cannondale Black or top-end S-works. All it actually says is that you are either a sponsored pro, or someone who is overpaid and underbrained (sorry - I know it is a gross generalization, but it is Friday after all)

More importantly - the Carbon 3 and 4 still look like they might just be awesome, and they are just normally-ridiculously expensive :-) not stupidly-ridiculously-expensive.... so hell yes, I will sit and think about it on my rides over the weekend.

But the pictures here are of the black aren't they? Well some at least.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

no no the black edition....translates to KakEnBetaal...team is below that....and then there is another one with a slightly different black paint scheme but its a totally different bike than the black edition.

seems that the 3 is often the sneaky buy - this time it looks like a black. My Flash carbon 3 looks pretty much like a team edition if you don't know what you are looking at :-) So good news is if you like the look and the ride and can handle a few grams extra you can have a "budget black" for a fraction of the moola.

I had a look at the Carbon 4 and Alloy 5 on the Cannondale site - seems more than decently specced.