Nick

Stupid money. Don't think it will stop. And we will see those bikes on the trails. I guess it's all relative I guess.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In my opinion that price does not reflect the material value of the bike .. that will be obvious in its resale value, which I reckon will drop 50%+ soon after dropping that R190k

It isn't. Its pitched at folks with whom those numbers are small change. Its more about the exclusivity than the bike.

Cde Collen Maine  might have to miss a bond payment though since the Guptas have fled (or have they?)

Now that the price of the highest spec, uber model has been discussed to death we can get around to talking tech.

Worth mentioning:

• Old stem is out, std 1.5" now
  • Internal routing with option for dropper and di2 with battery stashed in Top Tube (quite clever I'd say)
  • Straight seat tube allowing for shorter chainstays
  • Slacker head angle
  • Rear brake mount moved to chainstay
  • Off set front hub on lefty creating better trail & rake 
  • Better cable routing around lefty so no "lefty rub"
  • XS, S will be 650b, M and up will all be 29er
  • Ample tyre clearance even with 2.25 tires
  • Removable front der mount
  • Routing "grommits" mean any combo of routing can be run and still be neat and tidy

That's quite a bit crammed into a new bike and based on first looks it looks very well executed. What do you guys reckon?

And new Lefty & hub not backwards compatible.

I reckon they should be offering a 650b in medium as well.

And new Lefty & hub not backwards compatible.

I reckon they should be offering a 650b in medium as well.

Would the Habit Carbon 1 not be an option for a 650b? I'm typing without knowing how head angles compare but will go check and report back.

Edit:

I see that the seat tube and head angle are approximately 1 degree slacker for each in the Habit. Not ideally your out and out race bike alternative then I'd say.

Edited by RossW

I am still amazed by the comments about bike prices.If you cannot afford them just be happy for those who can.Calling wealthy people fools is really poor taste.I wish I could afford the new bikes but alas so I will just dream.

Best comment so far. 

Thanks Donovan.

Now that the price of the highest spec, uber model has been discussed to death we can get around to talking tech.

Worth mentioning:

• Internal routing with option for dropper and di2 with battery stashed in Top Tube (quite clever I'd say)
  • Slacker head angle
  • Routing "grommits" mean any combo of routing can be run and still be neat and tidy

That's quite a bit crammed into a new bike and based on first looks it looks very well executed. What do you guys reckon?

Able to fit two bottle cages. 

I like the cable routing.  Looks good.

Sounds if there will be a bike or two at the Sani next week to drool over. 

Worth mentioning:

• Slacker head angle

Agreed fully. That integrated stem system was always a funny one for me. It looked good, but tbh only allowing a min 90mm length stem was a bit ridiculous. Now with the 1.5" system you've got a lot more options. 

Also - longer! Guess what we've been saying about longer bike & shorter stem isn't just a fad. Wow. Who woulda guessed, eh? Even Cannondale accepting that it's the way forwards. 

Able to fit two bottle cages. 

I like the cable routing.  Looks good.

Sounds if there will be a bike or two at the Sani next week to drool over. 

There will be, yes. Pretty much full range to look and drool at if I have my facts straight.