Dopers suck

fandacious

IMHO and stats just made up as we do ... 90% is just excuses and dishonest people using any trick to get out of their positive tests/bans etc. Some of these stories come up so often it's honestly laughable 'contaminants' 'from my rump steak last night'

Anyway I just left the 10% as I'm sure there are supporters here that'll say I know XYZ and he'd never do that  ...

And I just continue watching the racing for the spectacle that it is ... I used to say that about the men's racing only but I'm starting to wonder

Maar nou ja hier is ons

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

32 minutes ago, NotSoBigBen said:

IMHO and stats just made up as we do ... 90% is just excuses and dishonest people using any trick to get out of their positive tests/bans etc. Some of these stories come up so often it's honestly laughable 'contaminants' 'from my rump steak last night'

Anyway I just left the 10% as I'm sure there are supporters here that'll say I know XYZ and he'd never do that  ...

And I just continue watching the racing for the spectacle that it is ... I used to say that about the men's racing only but I'm starting to wonder

Maar nou ja hier is ons

It's why a lot of doping positives are for masking agents and not PEDs.

Guys and girls will do anything to hide their dishonesty

7 hours ago, mecheng89 said:

I've read some stories where riders/runners/athletes take things in secret, not spilling the beans to anyone

That being said, if AG2R had their own in-house drug testing (I think JV does), this would have been detected and he wouldn't have made the team to begin with.

only if they tested for it. If not, no. 

2 hours ago, wolver said:

How does this help you if you fail a test? Surely an athlete could intentionally contaminate their kept sample and then cry contaminated supplement when it gets tested? I assume the supplement producers don't keep a sample from each batch to verify it with the sample an athlete has kept. 

Does a ban get reduced/overturned if proven to be supplement contamination?

The banned substance won't be a free agent in the mix like if  you contaminated it yourself. It will have  trace compounds of the banned substance present. this is not like contaminating sugar with salt or pepper.

Accredited supplement manufacturers keep copious records of their production lots so they can quickly identify where an ingredient came from and trace that compound back to its manufacturer that can cross reference production plans for chemicals they produced. This is all part of being FDA approved

Retention periods for samples are usually for the life of the batch on the shelf. The information and batch numbers for each product/ingredient can also be a piece of paper and not necessarily the actual product. It really depends on the risk of the product in the market. The really good manufacturer’s will keep a physical sample for the life of the product while it’s on the shelf.

Many products in SA is 9-12 months, and freezing the product (hibernation) can lengthen the shelf life. That’s for foods, and I have no clue about the regulations in the pharmaceutical industry.

1 hour ago, NotSoBigBen said:

Maar nou ja hier is ons

Yes I agree with you and its these 90%tilers who create the bad perception. Food can be contaminated. Animals are fed growth hormone despite the laws. As you say some people will do anything to get ahead, why would farmers be any different. They too have to earn their living in a competitive environment.

we can see anyone is capable of trying to cheat in the right circumstances. 4 vets on testosterone a case in  point.    

My wife's a GP the amount of people requesting pharmaceutical enhancement for off label application is insane....

ozempic 

Ritalin or phentermine

Testosterone therapy( which she rates as bull**** ) and Testosterone use in females for libido boosting and weightloss

Anti estrogen drugs

Even bloody stillpayne of all things

muscle relaxants

Opiods 

Sadly the pharmaceutical industry is riff with profiteering from off label use

16 minutes ago, Toasted marshmallows said:

My wife's a GP the amount of people requesting pharmaceutical enhancement for off label application is insane....

ozempic 

Ritalin or phentermine

Testosterone therapy( which she rates as bull**** ) and Testosterone use in females for libido boosting and weightloss

Anti estrogen drugs

Even bloody stillpayne of all things

muscle relaxants

Opiods 

Sadly the pharmaceutical industry is riff with profiteering from off label use

Very true, Okes are using ritalin in the workplace

9 hours ago, DieselnDust said:

A colleague at my former place of work used to consume Ritalin while he was completing his studies. He said it worked like a bomb. I've been poep scared to even try the stuff just to see if it works.

I think it's pretty dangerous to try without a proper evaluation and prescription from a medical professional. 

He wouldn't tell me how he got hold of it either.

13 hours ago, NotSoBigBen said:

Maar nou ja hier is ons

I remember a podcast I listened to they spoke about a woman who got busted, and she used "the meat my taco was contaminated" excuse.

9 minutes ago, mecheng89 said:

A colleague at my former place of work used to consume Ritalin while he was completing his studies. He said it worked like a bomb. I've been poep scared to even try the stuff just to see if it works.

I think it's pretty dangerous to try without a proper evaluation and prescription from a medical professional. 

He wouldn't tell me how he got hold of it either.

Many kids on ritalin for school performance, and then studies....and then workplace????  Slippery slope

1 hour ago, mecheng89 said:

I remember a podcast I listened to they spoke about a woman who got busted, and she used "the meat my taco was contaminated" excuse.

I mean, my gutter mind says her Taco was probably as contaminated as her blood

1 hour ago, mecheng89 said:

This one?

https://www.npr.org/2021/06/15/1006622129/an-olympic-hopeful-says-her-burrito-is-to-blame-for-her-positive-drug-test

Science of Sport podcast spoke about it.

https://podcasts.apple.com/za/podcast/the-real-science-of-sport-podcast/id1461719225?i=1000561871632

12 hours ago, DieselnDust said:

Yes I agree with you and its these 90%tilers who create the bad perception. Food can be contaminated. Animals are fed growth hormone despite the laws. As you say some people will do anything to get ahead, why would farmers be any different. They too have to earn their living in a competitive environment.

we can see anyone is capable of trying to cheat in the right circumstances. 4 vets on testosterone a case in  point.    

Growth Hormones are legal in farming in SA. A lot of dairy farms use it. Remember the farmers are only getting R5-7 a litre for milk, so every litre counts. When it was tight the last few years a lot of the dairy farms had to do it to get production up to cover costs. Also this is not limited to non vegan options- auxin for soya is also fairly common. Like I said above, a lot of these substances you can walk into co-op and get the plant/animal version.

11 hours ago, DieselnDust said:

And beyond workplace. I know a few that were using it for junior MX back in the day, it was an easy one to get prescribed and get a TUE for. But it took fast kids and minimizes mistakes on the track.

University it was a big money maker, kids on it would not take it early in the semester and stockpile their prescription and kept a little for when they needed it around test weeks and exams. The rest they would sell around the test weeks and exams and they made a killing. Plenty of kids on 3 and 4 day study binges on the stuff. If they tested at university the way they test at sports, there would be fewer professionals graduating...