fandacious

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, Frosty said:

Are you a Patreon/supporter?

Not currently no, have a sub in with Escape and some others/apps. When those expire shortly I’ll take a closer look at local.

Still have to renew CSA membership too 😑

7 minutes ago, Frosty said:

Are you a Patreon/supporter?

Not currently no, have a sub in with Escape and some others/apps. When those expire shortly I’ll take a closer look at local.

Still have to renew CSA membership too 😑

Sounds like a personal thing, fair enough.

But for me he imparts a good deal of knowledge and communicates it well for the layperson. Coming from an actual sports scientist, that seems to be an invaluable contribution.

8 minutes ago, Danger Dassie said:

Sounds like a personal thing, fair enough.

But for me he imparts a good deal of knowledge and communicates it well for the layperson. Coming from an actual sports scientist, that seems to be an invaluable contribution.

I agree, very easy to understand.

On 2/10/2024 at 10:56 AM, Shebeen said:

So it's not a bad as deep heat on your balls?

deep heat on the balls is the secret strategy to fight sleep monsters on the 3rd night of an expedition...

• 3 weeks later...
33 minutes ago, dave303e said:

well with no way of testing at comrades due to the lab being suspended. I guess we may see some big records broken.

Technically they can still test.
The analysis just needs to be sent away.  (Like in the old days)

1 hour ago, Danger Dassie said:

Really not a good look, especially in light of all the other challenges. I would imagine the lab services/requirements around sports dope testing are quite unique and specific. 
Pity WADA doesn't state what the exact shortfalls are against the accreditation. 

https://www.wada-ama.org/en/news/wada-suspends-accreditation-bloemfontein-laboratory

I know transparency is good, but making this public knowledge seems counter intuitive.

No way they are going to test nearly as much with the increased costs involved. Sounds like a green light to a potential doper on the brink of olympic qualification numbers.

3 hours ago, Danger Dassie said:

Really not a good look, especially in light of all the other challenges. I would imagine the lab services/requirements around sports dope testing are quite unique and specific. 
Pity WADA doesn't state what the exact shortfalls are against the accreditation. 

https://www.wada-ama.org/en/news/wada-suspends-accreditation-bloemfontein-laboratory

Second time it’s happened.

If it was the corporate world, where failure to address findings in an integrated management system audit, or food safety audit, after a previous audit, it could result in suspension of the certificate/standard. It’s quite possible they have previous finding that are unresolved. 

Who knows, with the facts.