Post your woodwork here

Slowbee

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a BTW - I have a plane blade(standard) as it is in my toolbox and use it for all sorts of things - one of my most useful tools.

Amazing - how did you remember?

I will contant them and see if they would post me two.

Otherwise ask who the agents are I'm sure they must be available here too then. I have not seen them here yet.

That price looks reasonable too.

This one came with the plane - CAN you get any shorter

Thanx

Elephant memory.... I can only retain the info if it interests me though :) I remembered the 2 3/8" and was pretty sure it was in yhis thread so I started at the end and work backwards.

They had 2 there. Shout if you want them. Can go back on Monday and we can work out the postage if you don't come right with getting them to post to you. Postnet is around R100

How many of you are doing your woodwork using imperial measurements?  

I do, since 

1. I am a Fine Woodworker subscriber and would prefer to do projects using their measurements.

2. Most of the stock sizes available still follow the imperial system (3/4" -> 19mm, 5/8" -> 15mm and 1/2" -> 13mm, 4 x 8 feet boards -> 1220mm X 2440mm boards).  The same for router bit sizes.

3. The divisions used by the imperial system just makes the decisions for stock sizes so much more simpler.

What say you?

Edited by Moridin

Saw him on Pintrest, knocked him together with a few scraps and offcuts that were lying around, my youngest thinks he's cool!

f4e287d04de1f3ce7503000587ab9876.jpg

You seem to be hanging out more with my Father than with us riding... this woodwork thing has you eh?!

Nice project! 

You seem to be hanging out more with my Father than with us riding... this woodwork thing has you eh?!

Nice project!

Ja, every time I ride you have something on, like work... At the moment I'm making tyre sealant in my sinuses again, so fill my time in the garage, rather than on the bike!

I do, since 

1. I am a Fine Woodworker subscriber and would prefer to do projects using their measurements.

2. Most of the stock sizes available still follow the imperial system (3/4" -> 19mm, 5/8" -> 15mm and 1/2" -> 13mm, 4 x 8 feet boards -> 1220mm X 2440mm boards).  The same for router bit sizes.

3. The divisions used by the imperial system just makes the decisions for stock sizes so much more simpler.

What say you?

Something I'm considering using from now. 

Built this from some scrap cherry I had. Was from a cabinet I bought that was just too tall for the house. Measured 2.5m high! 

It's a simple light box, with 2x10w LED floods sitting inside the box, bouncing off the ceiling to provide more than enough light for what we need. Hasn't been fully finished yet, as I was checking installation height etc. Simple dog-leash chain hanging from the light fitting itself. Please excuse the state of the roof - the previous owners made an absolute hash of the junction box, and I only found out once I removed the previous fitting. Temporary plug with contractors acrylic. 

post-3056-0-93437800-1466407818_thumb.jpg

I do, since

2. Most of the stock sizes available still follow the imperial system (3/4" -> 19mm, 5/8" -> 15mm and 1/2" -> 13mm, 4 x 8 feet boards -> 1220mm X 2440mm boards). The same for router bit sizes.

What say you?

I say I stick to metric, if my wife finds out how big 12" really is, there may be trouble in my household [emoji12]

I do, since 

What say you?

I tried it, but I'm a metric child...so no, it didn't work for me.

Takes some practice but you know you got it right when you see these bubbles of glue[emoji3] 9545ae8c50520a7faeff155e0d78a4b7.jpg20a58f18fa74e75f08962c12d99ebc9f.jpg

Let the fun begin...next coffee table in the works.5090d5dcd5c2d44e5c25ab0694ab554b.jpg0fff204ccecafb27e3c02fc0f632eb2e.jpg

I'm liking the look of this table already.

Takes some practice but you know you got it right when you see these bubbles of glue[emoji3]

9545ae8c50520a7faeff155e0d78a4b7.jpg

20a58f18fa74e75f08962c12d99ebc9f.jpg

Let the fun begin...next coffee table in the works.

5090d5dcd5c2d44e5c25ab0694ab554b.jpg

0fff204ccecafb27e3c02fc0f632eb2e.jpg

Laminating can be a mission, and can get messy. I want to build a jig like this, it should make clamping a lot easier:

ed92638a84d2bbce33729bdb29769afc.jpg

Details here - http://lumberjocks.com/projects/108361