Post your woodwork here

Slowbee

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't had much to contribute recently but here is a little "woodworking project" I did this weekend.

It is a keyring stand for our little shop. (In case you can't see that[emoji12] )a33cc74dde213a480902f4709f93137a.jpg

Just got given, yes... GIVEN... one of these. Makita 5903rk

235mm saw with multiple blades. Rip, crosscut, multi and metal.

Now I can get rid of my pesky table saw. Grrrr. Hate that thing.

attachicon.gifIMG_5585.JPG

That's lekker. You lucky bugger. Clearly you look like someone that needs to be given stuff, Why do people feel sorry for you? Just kidding. Enjoy.

Just got given, yes... GIVEN... one of these. Makita 5903rk

235mm saw with multiple blades. Rip, crosscut, multi and metal.

Now I can get rid of my pesky table saw. Grrrr. Hate that thing.

attachicon.gifIMG_5585.JPG

given or gifted? if the former, what's the catch? No one just gives away a nearly R7k item for nothing.

Any advise where I can buy a good quality wardrobe?!

I'm considering www.pineperfect.co.za or Tafelberg

Measurements should be 2100 (H) x 800 (D) and 1000 (W) with a top shelf and underneath a clothes hanger.

I'm in the Northcliff area - GP. What other places can I check out?

Thanks!

given or gifted? if the former, what's the catch? No one just gives away a nearly R7k item for nothing.

okay, okay, there's a bit more of a back story to it that takes a bit of the lustre out of the story. 

My old man bought it in a fit of the must haves, and after using it a few times decided it was too unwieldy for him, and with his Shopsmith, he didn't *really* need such a large saw. So he bought a smaller lighter Bosch pro unit, and asked me if I wanted the Mak. 

Brought it back home in my carry-on luggage. :P

Edited by Myles Mayhew

Any advise where I can buy a good quality wardrobe?!

I'm considering www.pineperfect.co.za or Tafelberg

Measurements should be 2100 (H) x 800 (D) and 1000 (W) with a top shelf and underneath a clothes hanger.

I'm in the Northcliff area - GP. What other places can I check out?

Thanks!

Ericssons do pretty decent pine (and other wood) stuff. http://www.ericssonsmattress.co.za

Edited by GrahamS2

okay, okay, there's a bit more of a back story to it that takes a bit of the lustre out of the story. 

My old man bought it in a fit of the must haves, and after using it a few times decided it was too unwieldy for him, and with his Shopsmith, he didn't *really* need such a large saw. So he bought a smaller lighter Bosch pro unit, and asked me if I wanted the Mak. 

Brought it back home in my carry-on luggage. :P

Carry on luggage?? Blades and all??

Why do you need such a deep wardrobe?  I think the standard is c 550 to 600 deep?

Why do you need such a deep wardrobe?  I think the standard is c 550 to 600 deep?

Thanks ;)

It doesn't need to be 800 deep, but the fixed feature next to it is 800 deep and the other side is a wall... so the space can't be used for anything else...