Post your woodwork here

Slowbee

Just skip to the relevant bits.

:clap: Jimmy, thank you for this, I think it will solve the problem, we'll definitely try the PVC. Have everything necessary anyway, were just too dumb to think of it. (And I'm going to make a bow like that. :thumbup: )

Edited by DJR

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:clap: Jimmy, thank you for this, I think it will solve the problem, we'll definitely try the PVC. Have everything necessary anyway, were just too dumb to think of it. (And I'm going to make a bow like that. [emoji106] )

We will of course require photographic and video evidence of the end result!

That looks really good, but i'm not sure about how the trigger works. Please post a little video of it in action.  :thumbup:

Good idea.

I was contemplating making some form of jig to mortise hinges with a router and had all kinds of interesting ideas - a spot for putting waste blocks to prevent tear-out, adjustable depth stops, self-centering, clamping pads etc etc etc. And then I remembered that I have a beard. Took me less time to cut out 8 hinge mortises than I spent wondering about the mechanics of a self-centering jig.

post-29544-0-18842700-1472026368_thumb.jpeg

I was contemplating making some form of jig to mortise hinges with a router and had all kinds of interesting ideas - a spot for putting waste blocks to prevent tear-out, adjustable depth stops, self-centering, clamping pads etc etc etc. And then I remembered that I have a beard. Took me less time to cut out 8 hinge mortises than I spent wondering about the mechanics of a self-centering jig.

attachicon.gifWhatsApp Image 2016-08-24 at 09.39.59.jpeg

LOL.

Or, you could get a palm router. BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!

Done. 

Want one so badly... 

And if you were sharp, yes, that's Ed's suggestion. Works a charm. Perfect weight and PERFECT swing for small work such as this.

Price suggestions?

attachicon.gifMallet 2.jpeg

I don't care but damn I want want want!!!!!

I am not sure at all what type of wood this is but all I know is it is pretty old. My grandfather bought it(8 beams in total) years ago and they just lay around in a carport at my folks place for many years. Then when I bought my house just over a year ago I gutted the kitchen which included removing 2 walls. One of them was load bearing so I had to do something to take up the load. I decided to take 2 of these beams and give them a light sanding, cut to size and put them up. I have also since built an island around them. They each have a metal disk pressed into them with a date stamp of 1984 and 1985. Presuming that's when they where made.

post-58906-0-01056800-1472113770_thumb.jpgpost-58906-0-08020700-1472113865_thumb.jpgpost-58906-0-29865800-1472113960_thumb.jpgpost-58906-0-71250000-1472114053_thumb.jpg

And if you were sharp, yes, that's Ed's suggestion. Works a charm. Perfect weight and PERFECT swing for small work such as this.

Price suggestions?

attachicon.gifMallet 2.jpeg

Hit me bru! LOL

I'd pay you for that...and I'm saying this in my darts presenters voice....one hundred and fifty!!

If I'm lowballing you,you can unfriend me or just tell me the price?