Ahhhhh, nice to see everyone getting along re the LAW of the land...

YET, I notice that Gert broke an even BIGGER law a few times...tut tut tut...

One that would get Patrick Roberts and his gnomes, they of Tygerberg MTB Trail Builder Extraordinaire Fame, extremely red under the collar ready to go all mental on a few unsuspecting riders...

What is this law, everyone is asking?

It is the one where Patrick is especially vocal and peeved over. It is where a rider of his esteemed trail thinks it a good idea to drag his back brake whilst entering a berm or switchback.

O, but yes...to all the complainers...perhaps watch the clip again. Naughty naughty naughty!!!

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I must say, there is a huge difference between dragging you brake and when you are going so fat into a corner with the weight over the front and you touch the unweighted rear wheel brake and it looses traction momentarily.

Also a difference between locking the back brake and dragging it to control speed through the corner. It's the former that needs to be kept under control and minimized.

Edited by Myles Mayhew

Ahhhhh, nice to see ev...

Of all 6min worth of action that is all worth commenting on for you? Have you no joy in your life? Maybe we must vote to can this and launch Contego Indoor Trainer Series and just be as Switzerland as one can get.

Oh, and if you want to get all technical the clips you refer to is Oli.

One could argue that with the amount of time Gert spent in the air he did less damage than any of us plodding along.

Of all 6min worth of action that is all worth commenting on for you? Have you no joy in your life? Maybe we must bote to can this and launch Contego Indoor Trainer Series and just be as Switzerland as one can get.

One could argue that with the amount of time Gert soent in the air he did less damage than any of us plodding along.

Couldn't agree more...

Unless Karl taking a piss, i was with my comment... TygerMTB even if a minority seem really up tight, bet i can't even fart while riding alone on the trail and the land owner will be very angry!

I'm not a member and have no intention of being one... chill dudes

jislike I always though the capies are relaxed?

nou wil almal mekaar moer.

ry net julle fietse ouens, dis al.

ps. is a KOM not supposed to be the one who reaches the TOP first? #semaarnet

Of all 6min worth of action that is all worth commenting on for you? Have you no joy in your life? Maybe we must vote to can this and launch Contego Indoor Trainer Series and just be as Switzerland as one can get.

One could argue that with the amount of time Gert spent in the air he did less damage than any of us plodding along.

Okaayyy....I am stuck at home bored out of skull with nothing better to do (courtesy of a bad Hoogekraal crash)  :blush:

Anyway, I have no evil urges towards GH or Oli. Both are doing a good job, and that IS a blerrie lekker piece of heaven. :clap: :clap: :clap: :drool:  :drool:  :drool: 

I was just trying to start a bit of Friday fun..no harm intended... :devil:

Okaayyy....I am stuck at home bored out of skull with nothing better to do (courtesy of a bad Hoogekraal crash)  :blush:

Anyway, I have no evil urges towards GH or Oli. Both are doing a good job, and that IS a blerrie lekker piece of heaven. :clap: :clap: :clap: :drool:  :drool:  :drool: 

I was just trying to start a bit of Friday fun..no harm intended... :devil:

ok my comment null and void...

otherwise you okes must come ride table mountain... so much illegal riding going on there and there no land owners... :ph34r: :whistling:

Couldn't agree more...

Unless Karl taking a piss, i was with my comment... TygerMTB even if a minority seem really up tight, bet i can't even fart while riding alone on the trail and the land owner will be very angry!

I'm not a member and have no intention of being one... chill dudes

Don't worry, Meez. We're not all as highly strung... :)

If you ever want a tour, will be more than happy.

I quote http://www.uci.ch/mm/Document/News/NewsGeneral/16/55/11/Judgeguide-ENG_English.PDF 

32. Classification of the king of the mountains

The overall classification of the best climber is obtained by adding up points awarded at the top of gradients specified in the regulations. If no system is specified, the following scoring system may be adopted …… (my emphasis) 

After 'CHampion Of Plummeting' and 'Descender Of Outrageous Speed' didn't go down as well as the cyclists themselves, KOM was expropriated. True story.

Well let's get back to the video rather than the usual infighting! 

I thought it this series was going to be a bit lame (like how interesting can you make 1 guy trying to go down 1 section over and over again) but in fact it's awesome. Ollie was working the crowd but it fitted in.

Well done for thinking a bit differently, giving some thing local to watch and for showing some different trails we may not have visited. 

I'd like to see a roadie one with the Prices climb in Constantia with some on screen power and heat rate data. Not that I'm a data nerd but my heart tries to leave my body each time I bury the pin up there, it'd be good to see what 'fit' is! ;)

After 'CHampion Of Plummeting' and 'Descender Of Outrageous Speed' didn't go down as well as the cyclists themselves, KOM was expropriated. True story.

LOL. Just had a thought. Holder of KOM could be the KOMKommer... :P

ok my comment null and void...

otherwise you okes must come ride table mountain... so much illegal riding going on there and there no land owners... :ph34r: :whistling:

Meezo if you're only riding Table Mountain, you're missing the best riding in the greater Cape Town area (excludes Boland)